Regular Contributor

Re: Burt Reynolds has passed away

We bought our 1977 black Trans Am solely because of that movie.  Very sad.

Honored Contributor

Burt Reynolds,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This makes me so sad.  He was really one of a kind.  A great actor. I'll never forget when he posed in Cosmopolitan.  OMG.  He was so HOT!  He seemed so frail over the past few years.  I read he had open heart surgery sometime back. We'll always love you, Burt.  Rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

Many of his movies weren't our favorite genre. But my husband and I loved the short-lived TV series "Evening Shade." But then anything with Charles Durning was worth watching.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

He was so handsome and very talented. Unfortunately some of his movies did not make the best use of his talent. Of course everyone knows about Deliverance, but my favorite movie is Starting Over with Jill Clayburgh and Candice Bergen. I fell in love with him in that movie.
Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

He passed up some good roles apparently, like Hans Solo in Star Wars and Bruce Willis’ role in Die Hard.

What I look for mostly in a man is humor, honesty, and a moustache. Burt has all three." —Sally Field

I think the Flying Nun got the best lovin' of her life is what she really wanted to say.  

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@tansy wrote:

He passed up some good roles apparently, like Hans Solo in Star Wars and Bruce Willis’ role in Die Hard.

What I look for mostly in a man is humor, honesty, and a moustache. Burt has all three." —Sally Field

I think the Flying Nun got the best lovin' of her life is what she really wanted to say.  

@puttypiesmom: LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I remember in the '70s he had a long love affair with Dinah Shore.  She was 58 and he was 39 at the time.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry to hear of Burt's passing...he was a great actor and very handsome in his day.  I just saw him in an episode of the Golden Girls the other night...he was so suave and charming...he had that sparkle in his eyes!  Thanks for all the memories, Burt.  You were one of a kind!! 

Respected Contributor

"The Longest Yard" is one of my favorite movies ever!  DH & I were big fans and enjoyed him in so many things. Sorry he is gone...RIP talented dear man Heart