Esteemed Contributor

@151949   Have you ever looked into the WW points program? I don't attend meetings, but I have a smart points calculator and found the basics on line. It's super easy. I also write down the points of each item each day so as not to go over 30 points. I really like this program because you can generally eat all the fruit and vegetables you want and not count toward points. Occasionally I might be hungry at bedtime after I've met my maximum in points, so I know I can eat a piece of fruit or have a veggie and not mess up my day. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor
@pattypeep wondering how you got the smart points calculator. Just curious because I might like to get one too.

As far as journaling, I admire people who do that but for me, may sound stupid, I don't want anyone reading my private thoughts when I'm gone. Food journaling is different as far as I'm concerned and an excellent way to control what I eat.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy  Actually I had joined WW  last spring and then I had to have knee surgery and it resulted in having to "un-join". I just started on my own again. I thought about going on their website to see if the calculators can be purchased, but haven't done so. Do you maybe have a friend that is a member that could get one for you?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

Thank you for posting this. I love all kinds of journaling and I have more than one list making apps on my phone. I use them regularly.

I had never heard of bullet journaling, but I'm going to look into it.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy  I just checked the WW website and the calculators are for sale. Mine looks like the $9.95 one which is what I paid at the first meeting I attended. I didn't know if I could post the website here, but it's www.weightwatchers.com.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've been doing it for a couple of years now.  At work they stopped giving us a planner/agenda because we can sync everything in our online/digital calendars.  I still like to have things written down even though I also keep things documented in my Apple/Exchange calendar and Google Drive. 

I guess the best tip I can offer is to color code things.  I use one color for personal things/events, and other colors assigned to work categories.  I use the Sharpie pens that don't bleed through the page.  Color coding helps me easily find things at a glance.

Dollar Tree and drugstores like Walgreens and CVS have had some good deals on blank journals. The drugstores often have them in the clearance sections,  I've gotten several for just a dollar or less.  As a teacher, I sometimes keep a separate detailed journal as a reference for the major novel units I teach and parent contacts.

@wildcat fan

Yes!  Thanks for the feedback.

Back in the day, I used the Franklin Planner for work.  It was good for project work, but I eventually just used a 3-ring binder for all my notes w/ an index...kinda like the Bullet Journal.

When I read Bullet Journaling was 'a love child of a calendar, diary & to-do list', it piqued my interest!  I don't have a crazy calendar, but do have a journal/diary...would be nice to combine everything into one.  Plus I see them all cute & decorated with doddles & stuff!   Creative outlet.  

My BFF says I'm just looking for a reason to go to Michaels to buy stickers & Sharpies...hummm....maybe he's right! Ha. 

Respected Contributor
@pattypeep thanks for the information. I may look into joining online or buying the smart points calculator. I get a lot of inspiration from people on the program I follow on IG.
Honored Contributor

Very interesting.  I have always had problems with projected time. Something coming up in two weeks is waaay in the future to my mind, unless I see it.  Back in grade school my Mother got me a wall calendar and a bulletin board and I could "see" my school projects written in relationship to the day's date with their due dates, meetings, and whatever else I needed to write down.  As my life got more complicated I branched out to a journal but I've always kept the calendar.....

Today I still have a calandar up in my kitchen with a bulletin board for the family and my iPhone that I keep track of everything and the date, etc.  In my eBay room, I have a spiral calendar with the month at a glance and all my eBay notes, etc. are there.

I also have always used color coding as well as stickers, happy faces are color coded and I have owls, the American Flag and stars.

Unless this Bullet System of journaling can give me additional pointers, I think I'm set!  Woman LOL  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Wow!  What I did in the 60,s is now called that?

Respected Contributor

This discussion originated with a post dated 2016, and most of the responses are just as old.

Why are old threads resurrected when they apparently died out years ago?