Esteemed Contributor

Re: Britney Spears Unloads at Today's Hearing!

While I do not keep up with her news, she has proven herself to be a hard-working adult and should be allowed to live her life as she so chooses.  Good for her for speaking out so clearly, and I hope that she is successful in regaining her independence and possibly suing her family.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

In 2019 I remember seeing on the news Britney was cancelling her shows in Vegas to be with her sick dad.  She and her dad were reportedly close.

Now two years later they are fuming.  

Thinking there's a whole lot more to the story than the public knows.  I've heard some things she said recently on TV that makes me think she's still having emotional problems.

Also, I'm not sure why any of this is being reported, as it's a personal matter.  

There's also a very likely chance this is being blown out of proportion for publicity.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just watched Fridays Inside Edition and if you catch it they

showed a clip of Wendy William's comment on Britneys family.

Unbelievable and wrong, should not have allowed her to get away

with her rude and horrible comments on them.

She always gets a pass.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@BlueFinch   Your comments are so true.  

Our girl just will not take meds and what she has told friends/neighbours about how her parents treat her I could not even print - from hitting her to Father molesting her, etc,  luckily for us our neighbors have heard her screaming and seen her 'in action'' out front so are supportive. -  then next day it is all peace and love.  Seems to be a never ending cycle.

But... she can stand in front of her class and teach, be kind, the nicest person in the world and no-one would believe what we regularly have to deal with.

@dulwich Thank you for sharing your experience and validating my comments. I feared some would think I was terribly insensitive to the 'rights' of those with this health challenge.

Far from it, as I worked so hard with these patients, with every minute being a battle of wills. You have to experience it firsthand, to really understand just how difficult it is.

I'm sorry that this is your family's journey. I know how tough it is, so I feel for you. All you can do is stay strong, and try to find some kind of balance in your life, or it will literally wear you down. 

Respected Contributor

This is so deplorable , what about her Mom and sister , they should be ashamed , I can see the estate being under conservativeship if she is unable to manage her money. But her life should be hers to make decisions and if she makes mistakes , it is her right. This might have started out with good intentions by her dad , turning into greed and control. A lot people have breakdowns in earlier life and don't have pay for it their whole life.

Honored Contributor

She has to be cleared by an extensive psych evaluation before anything can change. Whoever did the initial terms of the conservatorship sure tried to make it ironclad! The last thing she needs is another baby. She needs to able to take care of herself independently first. She will be tied forever to this boyfriend if she has his baby. Then he will get custody and she will be paying child support for the boyfriend to use as he pleases. The whole scenario is a trainwreck. This whole thing should have been done privately without her pleading her case via social media. That can only backfire.
Honored Contributor

@FS74

I agree with what you stated about her Manic rambling at the  hearing...she has released Instagram videos that were just strange and "sick".... something is not right

Respected Contributor

Well, Britney, who never gets to do anything SHE wants to do, has been happily posting pics on the jet she jumped on with her BF after the hearing. They're in Hawaii on a vacation now. She appears to be having a blast.

Again, Britney is embellishing her story,  sharing her point of view from what appears to be a hypomanic state. During the hearing she reportedly had pressured speech and was disorganized.

And, I can't blame the family for not wanting her to have another child. It's not punishment. It's a potentially serious problem. We're talking about bringing new life into a hot mess situation.

She lost custody of her boys to Kevin long ago. Something that requires lots of proof of instability to happen to the birth mom. I think it was just 2017, when she recovered 30% custody visits, but you seldom see her with the kids.

The fact is, if she has another, she may lose custody of it, too, and wind up paying child support (and living expenses) to another baby daddy. Someone could make that happen, knowing it happened before, for their payday. Britney would be unable to see this happening. Honestly, do we think her current young BF is going to be her forevermore? Not likely. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@FS74

I agree with what you stated about her Manic rambling at the  hearing...she has released Instagram videos that were just strange and "sick".... something is not right

@SeaMaiden  I haven’t read this whole thread but I wonder if she is taking her meds. It sounds like she isn’t and that’s not good.

Esteemed Contributor

Our laws MUST be changed to prevent another atrocity happening to others like the abusive and inhumane way that a Britney has been treated. We should all be as "so-called" crazy as Britney. I am appalled at people who side with her father at this point. it is an outrage.