Honored Contributor

Britney Spears Unloads at Today's Hearing!

Britney Spears railed on her dad and her management team during Wednesday's explosive court hearing ... saying she wants the conservatorship to end now, and she's so angry she thinks her family has abused her so much that she'd like to sue them.

She also said she wants to get married and have another baby but she's being blocked by the conservatorship. She says she has an IUD but the conservator will not let her have it removed.

Britney said she's "not here to be anyone's slave" ... which apparently is how she feels.

Britney said she does not want further medical evaluation. She wants out now.

She said her family did nothing to protect her. She was sent to a small home in Beverly Hills for rehab once and it cost $60,000 -- she says they were trying to hurt her and her dad "loved it."

She said the people who did this to her should not be able to get away with it. She wishes she could sue her family.

Britney says she was "forced" to do her Vegas residency. She said when she was doing the Vegas show, she told her management she didn't want to do it because it was too much. She said she was forced to do the tour and the next thing she knew they changed her medication, putting her on Lithium, which had a terrible effect on her.

She said she was scared and her whole family did nothing.

Britney said even her therapist was uncaring. She says after she wanted to put an end to Vegas, the therapist said she was being difficult and not taking her meds. That's when she was put on Lithium. She said her family -- and especially her dad -- didn't care.

She says she pled for a break from Vegas after 4 years but wasn't heard. She said she was told she was uncooperative, which was absolutely not true.

As for why she's now asking to end the conservatorship, she said she didn't know she could until now.

She said she has absolutely no privacy and when she was at home there were times she couldn't see her boyfriend or kids. The caretakers of the conservatorship would violate her privacy and watch her change while she was naked.

She said she doesn't want to work for the people she pays, saying even if she's sick she's required to go to at least 3 meetings a week. She wants that limited to 1 therapy session a week.

Britney said she should be able to sue a conservator who has deemed she doesn't do what they say in terms of therapy they would withhold her money and deny her a vacation in Maui.

Britney claims, "The conservatorship from the beginning ... it makes no sense. I pay people money and they control me. I worked since I was 17 years old and this conservatorship is abusive. I don't feel I can live a full life. I don't even believe in therapy. I always thought I could take it to God."

She repeated she wants the conservatorship to end. She says she is being hounded by paparazzi and the conservatorship is not protecting her, giving her any privacy.

Britney said she wants to end the conservatorship and doesn't want to be evaluated as a pre-condition.

Britney said, "They make me feel like I'm living in a rehab program and not my home. I will do therapy once a week because I do need it."

She continued, "I want to get married and have a baby. I wanted to take the IUD out and have a baby but the conservator won't let me because they don't want me to have a baby."

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Re: Britney Spears Unloads at Today's Hearing!

I do feel sorry for her. I don't understand how she doesn't have control of her own body, regarding the IUD.

Respected Contributor

She's 39 years old. Why does anyone have conservatorship over her???

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

She's 39 years old. Why does anyone have conservatorship over her???

They say Britney has a mental illness.  Her dad stepped in because years ago she was totally out of control.  Since her dad took over no more crazy episodes.  As far as having a baby not sure how anyone can control that but her

Honored Contributor

I feel so bad for her. I hope she regains some autonomy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What has been, and is being, done to her is shameful and should be illegal. She is being controlled and exploited for the financial enrichment of others. 

She is not "crazy"-she lives with mental illness. Please stop stigmatizing health issues. Makes it so much worse for people who live with them.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

And how many people with an actual mental illnesss are under a conservatorship? 

Esteemed Contributor

She has been the family cash cow since she was a kid and manipulated for the benefit of others. No wonder she had a breakdown.  I feel so sorry for her, another sad story of child stars. 

Esteemed Contributor

I knew I felt she wanted out of this mess.  I started a thread a while back about feeling bad for the circumstance she is in.  Good for Britney.  I hope she wins!

Do You Feel Sorry For Britney Spears?  Yes, until she gets these leeches off of her back.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

I feel so sorry for her. She's almost 40 and still being controlled. 

I was watching some sort of reality show on her years ago and there's something about her that is/was very child-like, it's like she is emotionally and mentally 13 years old and she was in her mid 20s at the time. She never got to grow up as a normal adolescent.