Honored Contributor

@RedTop  I am glad you aren't shivering in the cold. They threatened to turn the heat off ,in a city near Detroit,t because of, mechanical failure. They asked everyone to turn their heat down to 65 degrees

GM stepped up to the plate ,and closed their plants. People need to be warm, many people, could never tolerate the cold, because of health problems

Honored Contributor

I can not believe what some of you guys are living through.  Has anyone checked to see if anyone in Canada is still alive?  

I wish I could send you all some of the sunshine here.  We are in the 40s for highs only but that's above zero and I think most of you would take it as this point. 

Thinking of all of you so much.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@RedTop  I am glad you aren't shivering in the cold. They threatened to turn the heat off ,in a city near Detroit,t because of, mechanical failure. They asked everyone to turn their heat down to 65 degrees

GM stepped up to the plate ,and closed their plants. People need to be warm, many people, could never tolerate the cold, because of health problems

It's not just Detroit. The fire was in a plant in Macomb County, but they've asked all customers statewide to turn their thermostats down thru the end of the day tomorrow in order to minimize the risk of service disruptions. I keep mine at 65 during the day and 62 at night anyway, so it's no big deal for me. As of the last update, their ability to provide natural gas has been reduced by 20-30%. Ford, GM, Fiat-Chrysler, and Gerdau (steel production) have all reduced or curtailed production for the next few days. it's going to be 50 degrees by Sunday and that'll be the end of the crisis. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Some people just do not have any sense!