Trusted Contributor

Re: Bought Anything Lately that You Haven't Bought in Years?

@SoonerFun thread. I just happened on it now.Smiley Happy

My favorite candy bar has always been Oh Henry! but I haven't seen one in years. ****** you Amazon.Woman LOL Sure enough they have them. Said they are imported from Canada. It was nice to find them and satisfy my craving. Just as delicious as when I was a kid buying them from the local candy shop.

@RedTop  I loved Sweet Tarts as well. We used to let them lay on our tongues and get really soft from saliva and then....Bam! They exploded in your mouth with all that sugar and flavor. Fun memory.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

When my dad would go on business trips when we were growing up, he'd always stop at a Stuckey's and buy us each a pecan log roll. I actually ordered a box from their website just for nostalgia purposes and to share with my kids a little anecdote about my childhood. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

A pack of Bic pens with the clear acrylic body and blue cap. I didnt even need pens but I always liked these and they took me back and they were cheap. Then it got me thinking about the solid white body with the blue cap. I wonder if they are still around. Silly, but they really took me back some years.

Are they these?  This is my all-time favorite pen.  I have several boxes of them because I figure at any time, since I like them, they will become obsolete.

Amazon.com : Pilot (36011) Pilot BP-S Better Ball-Point, Fine, Blue,  24/Pack : Office Products

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@AKgirl2Boyer Candies is now making Clark Bars. You can buy them online in a case of 24. You can also buy them by the case from Candy Warehouse online.

@Enuffstuff ~ Oh boy, I'm gonna take a look!  thank you! 😊

Honored Contributor

Coloring books!  It's been several years since I bought any new ones.  

The conversation here about coloring got me looking at what's new.  I lke abstract pictures.  I bought three new ones.

Books arrived yesterday ....

Also - recently - some office supplies.  A new paper cutter and three-hole punch, new stapler, highlighters in different colors.

Valued Contributor

A Whatchamacalit candy bar! Haven't has one in ages & saw one standing at the CVS register. I got "free money" on my receipt and decided to just spend it. So got 2 bars for something like 5 or 10 cents. Can't wait to eat one!
Respected Contributor

Danskin now. Bermuda shorts. They still make them!!! I am short so they cover my knees. Great for at home and going  out for me. Good for exercising when I do that!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ordered several items from Walmart dot com. I was bored with my colognes and needed to step-it-up - so I ordered Drakkar Cologne for Men - $27.41. I rec'd it today. In the past, I purchased 4 smaller bottles of Men's English Laundry Cologne from Costco - but they're not showing it now - loved it.

My brick red KitchenAid toaster died after 5 years - didn't toast evenly and was very slow. Just received my new 2 Slot Calphalon Toaster - grey/silver - from Costco. Hoping this toaster doesn't disappoint. Looks very sleek and inviting on my kitchen counter. It's become so difficult to find electric percolators and toasters. Funny how they used to work well and last for many years. Now - most are defective.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

Lovely! I think that's great.  My father got me one for Christmas one year that had the music box in it and the little plastic ballerina "danced" when you wound it.  I thought it was just the most beautiful thing I ever saw!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I bought a bag of Bit a Honey miniatures at Walmart the other day!  I used to love them!  I don't know what possessed me to get them.  I don't even know if I still like them?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin