Esteemed Contributor

How will impending tropical storm/hurricane affect NYC concert this evening?

DH just asked how impending N.E. storm will affect this evening's concert in NYC?

Super Contributor

Re: How will impending tropical storm/hurricane affect NYC concert this evening?

The one at Jones Beach ?    I think its still on...but Steve Bellone (Suffolk County official) will be making an announcement about the Hurricane and Laura Curran may as well

Honored Contributor

Re: How will impending tropical storm/hurricane affect NYC concert this evening?

Isn't there a big concert in Central Park this afternoon/evening?  It could play havoc with the venue. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Isn't there a big concert in Central Park this afternoon/evening?  It could play havoc with the venue. 

Mayor said yesterday it won't

weather is fine here, just humid rain expected tomorrow

Esteemed Contributor

Well I got my answer; the NYC concert was stopped ( cancelled or postponed ) because of lightning strikes in the vicinity.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Well I got my answer; the NYC concert was stopped ( cancelled or postponed ) because of lightning strikes in the vicinity.

Yes!   I think they're thinking of resuming, possibly without spectators.  In my opinion, they need to scrap it.  

people have more important things to worry about.  

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

That's what happened.  I saw this on the weather report on TV.  I'm in the NY metro area and the lightning was ferocious and that can be dangerous.  We had some thunder but not violent.  I'm glad because it scares the pants off me.  LOL!