Trusted Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

there are people who have trouble reading posts because of poor eye sight or cataracts or other sight problems.

I HAD cataracts, but surgery took care of them.

if cataracts are interfering with your vision, you need to see a doctor, and follow their advice, sooner rather than later.

Honored Contributor

IRL people write uniquely. I don't care what font family, font size, text color, bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, or typos a poster uses. Skip the post if it bothers you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

That's why I luv 💓 ya Sunny!  @sunala

JOhn

@hckynut- aww thank you John you're a real good guy!

We've known each other a long time, and we can always agree to disagree!

Have a great weekend.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Everyone gets their knickers in a twist about different things, and only small handfuls agree with each other, no matter what the “offense” is. 

Basically, whatever someone’s peeve is, no one else is going to change their habit(s) because a stranger on a discussion forum wishes they would stop it. No matter how many times “it annoys me when” posts are made.

When I see long posts without paragraphs, entire posts done routinely in ALL CAPS, or posts where there is little to no  punctuation and it all runs together in fragments to no point - I pretty much don’t read those posts. I don’t really “miss” anything AFAIC, and it’s very clear that the poster has no desire to change the way they post, so for me at least there isn’t any point. I write off those posters as not really saying anything I need to hear/see.

”I don’t like when you do that.”

”I don’t care, I’m going to keep doing it.”

It’s their choice to do it, and it’s my choice to skip it - and I do.

*Mic drop*

@Moonchilde  - I have to be honest and say that I despise any comments that include lady's underwear, whether they're twisted, in a wad, knotted or made for big girls.

I find those expressions really nasty and insulting.

But then again, it may be just me Smiley Frustrated

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Everyone gets their knickers in a twist about different things, and only small handfuls agree with each other, no matter what the “offense” is. 

Basically, whatever someone’s peeve is, no one else is going to change their habit(s) because a stranger on a discussion forum wishes they would stop it. No matter how many times “it annoys me when” posts are made.

When I see long posts without paragraphs, entire posts done routinely in ALL CAPS, or posts where there is little to no  punctuation and it all runs together in fragments to no point - I pretty much don’t read those posts. I don’t really “miss” anything AFAIC, and it’s very clear that the poster has no desire to change the way they post, so for me at least there isn’t any point. I write off those posters as not really saying anything I need to hear/see.

”I don’t like when you do that.”

”I don’t care, I’m going to keep doing it.”

It’s their choice to do it, and it’s my choice to skip it - and I do.

*Mic drop*

@Moonchilde  - I have to be honest and say that I despise any comments that include lady's underwear, whether they're twisted, in a wad, knotted or made for big girls.

I find those expressions really nasty and insulting.

But then again, it may be just me Smiley Frustrated

@sunala, I find it just an expression; like many expressions listed here in the forums every time there’s a “pet peeve”, “fingernails on a blackboard” or the multiple similar forums.

Five people may say they hate Expression X and six people laugh and say they use it all the time. I tend not to look at things people say and do as aiming to be deliberately offensive (unless they very clearly are). 

There is an expression I use in person that some people here just come unglued over, and whenever that is discussed in the “words I hate” threads it just makes me laugh. It’s not profanity, it’s not insulting in any way nor is it rude. But some people just don’t like to hear it. And I confess, I’m not about to stop using it because someone says it’s a terrible, horrible thing to say (it’s not).

And that kind of describes my POV on words and phrases as expressions overall, especially as they relate to discussion forums.  If someone (anyone) says “I don’t like that you said that, it annoys/offends me”, my response will for the most part be “okay.” No further note will be taken.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

I don't care if someone puts their posts in bold print or in caps, why would I care about that, because someone said I should be bothered by it??  How dumb is that! 

Apparently so, and yes it is dumb imo.

Respected Contributor

@Coquille  why are you objecting to posts that are bolded?  They do no harm.