Esteemed Contributor

We've had this conversation more than a few times I know, but.....

I have a land line that allows me to block 250 Calls....and I do.  It has helped greatly with unwanted calls  

What puzzles me is the same number will call several times.  As an example, I have 6 calls so far today from the same number.  It does NOT ring, but I am able to check incoming calls even when they are blocked.

Wouldn't you think, that after a while, when the call was cut off, it would register as not a good number?

I don't really care how many times they call when the number is blocked, and I guess the computers don't either.

My phone has started identifying numbers as SPAM, and, of course, those are blocked immediately.

Thankfully, the blocking feature has made life peaceful, but the scammers keep calling Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I think they try it rapidly for a second time because some call blockers allow a call if they call twice.

Honored Contributor

I find that many I block (with Call Blocker) continue to call using a different phone number.  I just continue to block.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blocked Calls

[ Edited ]

Computers are 'dumb', they only know what we program them to know.  If the programmer never 'told' the computer to quit dialing the number after a set number of unsuccessful tries, the computer will keep calling into infinity.  At least this is what I think I learned in one of my programming classes. 

Honored Contributor

On Monday I must have  gotten 15 calls from "Apple" that I blocked the number....that same number called about every half hour that entire day.  The phone blocked it after the first ring( how I wanted it when I set the phone up.)  The calls stopped thankfully by 6pm.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I got a call at 9 p.m. that showed a local exchange (the other trick they use). 

If they are one thing, they are persistent.

Used to be, I'd not get any calls after around 4 or before 9.  Now, they seem to call earlier and later.

My favorite, of course, is when my own number shows up on caller ID Cat LOL

My husband said we are one of the last land lines on earth, so we get all the calls.  Sometimes, it seems that way.

Honored Contributor

Do you have an answering machine?  If so, is it the kind that has a red light and/or a message screen to let you know you have messages and/or the number of messages?

If yes to the above, turn the ringer OFF on your landline phone.  It's not needed. Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I think that any time calls are repeated, it's a sign no real person is involved.  We'te just getting one of the billions of robo calls.  The computer's fingers don't tire!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

We've had this conversation more than a few times I know, but.....

I have a land line that allows me to block 250 Calls....and I do.  It has helped greatly with unwanted calls  

---------------

My 'call block' also only holds 250 numbers. I have a very common last name for this area.   I love my 'call block' option.  I am already at 220...just since Nov 2018.  One day in March, I received 20 'spam/unknown number' calls in one day! Another day, I recieved 15 calls in one day.  I blocked them all immediately!!!  But what do I do after I reach the 250??  Any thoughts????

Honored Contributor

Re: Blocked Calls

[ Edited ]

@corita 

I am not familiar with your call blocker, but does it allow you to clear them? Not sure that would help, but all I can think of to do.

Our phone blocks 1,000 calls, and what I really like is the Smart Call Blocking feature. If the phone number calling IS NOT in my Phone Directory, it automatically blocks them. It also does not ring even once.

hckynut

hckynut(john)