Trusted Contributor

Re: Bitter disappointment today

@fairydogmother wrote:

Update: my doorbell rang at 0930 today. It was my daughter and her friend, on their way to the cruise port in Ft Lauderdale. They took a little detour to bring me a care package. Bouquet of flowers, soup, Hagen Das ice cream, containers of fresh raspberries(my fave fruit), and a bunch of Covid test kits. 
They stayed outside and I talked to them from my door way. Lots of distance between us. My little dogs carried on like it was UPS delivery ppl. Haha

Anyhow it was great to see Darcy and so sweet of them to do this for me. Really lifted my spirits. 
physically I'm still sick, coughing and snotty, very fatigued. Drinking lots of fluids. Taking Tylenol and Benadryl which help a lot. I'm sure I'll gradually improve. My symptoms are not severe. 

------

I am happy to read your update. Although you still are not feeling well and are missing the cruise, I smiled when you wrote about your visit, flowers, and care package.  You and your daughter seem to have a special relationship. 💗

Respected Contributor

Re: Bitter disappointment today

[ Edited ]

The great thing right now is resuming travel and seeing family again--I'm so sorry to hear your plans were sabotaged by the virus.

I was fully vaxxed but got the Delta variant last Sept and it put me out of commission for a month or more as far as going anywhere---longer in terms of getting energy back.  Delta was fierce, even among the vaxxed. 

I do hope, as in many cases, your symptoms are mild (by medical  stands (if not personal ones) because of being vaccinated. 

Mine weren't all that bad but I had zero energy for many months.  Around Christmas (it was the Pepperidge farm packaged dressing, which tasted incredible!), I realized that I had my taste and smell back. 

Take good care, and you two will be back together soon!  Sounds like you have a great daughter!