Esteemed Contributor

Re: Birthdays Will Never Be The Same

Happy Birthday and know that your mom is with you celebrating.

Oh how I miss my mom, we had so much in common starting with our names, blood type, we were both the 4th child and our birthdays were 3 days apart. I am her spitting image. Friends of her come up to me at restaurants and church and ask if I'm related as I look so much like her. She will always be my angel. 

My MIL died on my son's 14th birthday. It was very hard for him.  Sending you (((HUGS)))

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@SilleeMee

@SilleeMee wrote:

Happy Birthday @Catty2. It's only human to miss our mothers. I only got to really know my mother in the last five years of her life and I still miss her dearly.

I am pleased all of you miss your mom's.  SilleeMee, at least you spent some time with her.  My daughter and I just starting tAlking again.  My BD was in June, 81, and she said, we would go to lunch.  I am looking forward to it one of these weeks.  She is so busy, she keeps changing the date.  I have no expectations, but it will be nice when it hAppens.  I have to be so careful around her, anything can make her upset.  I have learned to just talk about her stuff, she doesn't,t want to hear about my life or interests. 

She is very wealthy, married well, and good for her, but very self centered. Oh well, at least she is speaking to me.  She does this on and off through the years, but not just to me, but other family members.  

aww @qvcaddition...your post brought tears to my eyes. I just lost my Mom in May and miss her everyday. She was 71. Hoping your daughter will recognize you only get one Mom and comes to her senses. I wish I knew you, I'd take you to lunch anytime.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2

@nun ya wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@SilleeMee

@SilleeMee wrote:

Happy Birthday @Catty2. It's only human to miss our mothers. I only got to really know my mother in the last five years of her life and I still miss her dearly.

I am pleased all of you miss your mom's.  SilleeMee, at least you spent some time with her.  My daughter and I just starting tAlking again.  My BD was in June, 81, and she said, we would go to lunch.  I am looking forward to it one of these weeks.  She is so busy, she keeps changing the date.  I have no expectations, but it will be nice when it hAppens.  I have to be so careful around her, anything can make her upset.  I have learned to just talk about her stuff, she doesn't,t want to hear about my life or interests. 

She is very wealthy, married well, and good for her, but very self centered. Oh well, at least she is speaking to me.  She does this on and off through the years, but not just to me, but other family members.  

aww @qvcaddition...your post brought tears to my eyes. I just lost my Mom in May and miss her everyday. She was 71. Hoping your daughter will recognize you only get one Mom and comes to her senses. I wish I knew you, I'd take you to lunch anytime.

Thank you so very much. I just joined a Senior Support group this week and the women in there have some of the same problems. We did laugh a lot and a few of us broke down and cried telling our story.  You have heard, "Getting Old is not for sissies", so true.  I keep busy with friends.  My luncheon has been cancelled again from today until next Tuesday.  I did tell her, if you cancel Tues. lets wait until next year.  I understand being busy, although she does not have to work, so I get cancelled when something better comes up.  I think this support group will help and its run by my HMO..  Already, a couple of ladies exchanged phone numbers for lunch.    Thank God, I'm independent and can do for myself.  I do not regret doing for the Grandkids when they were young, I would do it again.  Just don't understand their not calling or visiting.  My era, we cherish our grandparents and when we got older, we had them over for dinner.  I am lucky with good health, my baby dog, and friends and a active life.  Thanks again for your offer and kind words.  If you are in No. CA., we may be neighbors.

Honored Contributor

@Catty2

I'm sorry you're going through this.  My heart goes out to you.

My mom was in hospice but we just brought her home to die.  She and Dad could not stand to be apart.  They decided they wanted to be together until her time came.  They have been married 64.5 years and have always been tight.  They still hold hands and kiss.  They have a love I can only dream of having.  

I've very blessed to have my parents so long.  Mom is my best friend.  I miss shopping, lunching, trying new things, and most of all, our conversations.  We used to just sit and talk about anything and everything.  She is my confidant...I was hers.  I'm really struggling knowing she'll be gone soon.  I don't know what I'll do or be without her.

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Today is my ?? birthday.  Let's just say that next year I will be moving into another decade.  My mother passed away on this day 10 years ago.  I am blessed that she almost made it to 90 and that she is no longer suffering, but I miss her every day.  ` Heart

I am sorry for the loss of your dear Mother. My Mother passed away in 1992 at age 58, 

Try and have a Happy Birthday, your Mother would like that Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 Happy birthday...try to do something special in honor of those wonderful times spent with your mom.

Honored Contributor

My relationship with my Mother was a difficult one.  I  read how much you all miss your Mothers who are gone.

I do not feel that way.

To read your posts ....It must have been wonderful to have had a good relationship with your Mom for many years .... and years later  after your Mom has been gone,  to still miss your Mother.  That is beautiful.

I am not going to go into everything that happened in my relationship with my Mother, but there was a disconnect when I was about 12 years of age that changed my world as I knew it and my close relationship with my Mom was never the same.  I have happy  early memories though that I remember.  Many years my memories are blank. She died in 2004.  I had not seen her or spoke to her for at least 15 plus years  prior to her death.

It it saddens me. My whole family (who is left) fractioned in pieces and no one speaks to one another anymore.  I am use to it now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup  OMG! How awful! I'm so sorry...hugs