Honored Contributor

Re: Birthdays Will Never Be The Same

@Catty2 Happy Birthday. I know how you feel. I will be 60 in Feb. My mom passed away in Sept 1980 from Leukemia. She was only 47. Found out she had it when the youngest of 7 of us was born. She lived with Leukemia for almost 18 yrs.  I miss her every day & think of her all the time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry for your loss, Catty2--  (hugs)

I think of my mother, who died suddenly and prematurely in 1989, almost every day.  It's an immense bond, and when it breaks, it changes everything.  Not that there is no other thing to love in life--but it's the primal love, the love of one's parents.  I've been lucky, as they were so good and so bright.  I owe them so much.  I won't forget them but will think of them with love as long as I live. It comes naturally. Love lives on when it is remembered and valued.

Honored Contributor

Happy Burthday and I am so sorry for your loss.  It must be difficult to feel happy when your mother died on your special day.

i had a wonderful Aunt and we shared a birthday.  I was born on her 40th.  Sometimes she would take me for lunch on our B-day and she always sent me a BD card that was for a mutual birthday and sign it Guess Who?

This favorite Aunt died on our birthday and since then the day is always bitter sweet

for me. 

I am sure your mother wants you to think of her and enjoy your B-Day

Honored Contributor

I think my birthdays make me blue--not because of getting older, but because of those who made my birthdays so special.

I always felt like I was treated like a queen on my birthday growing up.

Luckily, it was in the summer, so I never had to go to school on my birthday.  That would've stunk...lol.

But with all my grandmothers still alive and many sweet great aunts I had, I was so lucky!  They all made the day special for me/my siblings and cousins.

Whenever it was someone's birthday, it was like it was your birthday again, too.

I can't imagine the pain of losing my mother or my dad.  Because I still think of and talk about my grandparents (grandmothers mostly) and their sisters--my great aunts--almost every day---they get honorable mention.

I loved them dearly and they've been gone for decades in some cases, but are missed more than they could ever imagine!

Have a happy birthday, you deserve it.  Your mother would want you to enjoy yourself--especially now after all these years.  But she must've been a good one and bless her--she got honorable mention, too!

Honored Contributor

IMG_7163.JPG

Your mom would want you to continue having a wonderful life & savoring those moments you had with her.  I'm sure she smiles down on you everyday!  Happy Birthday!

Honored Contributor

@Catty2

Have as good a birthday as you can.

The loss of a mother, especially one you are close to is hard enough, but made even more so for you because of the date of the loss. 

I wish I had something profound to offer about her leaving you on the day that she brought you into the world, but honestly I don't. 

I do understand the sadness you must feel, and that your birthday has probably never been the same. 

Honestly I hate my birthday. My mom is still alive and well, and she makes it special for me as much as she can (even at this late stage!), but I honestly just wish the day would go away. It has nothing to do with my age and dreading getting another year older, but I just get incredibly sad on that day because my husband rarely does anything to recognize it, and my son used to when he was little, but the last couple of years he doesn't either. 

Sounds stupid, but my mom making such a fuss over it, just makes it worse for me, but I never let on as I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings, so I go along with whatever she wants to do.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio, your post made me so sad for you. I hope you can find a way to enjoy how special your Mom makes you feel on your birthday and also do something for yourself that makes you happy. Please don't let the thoughtlessness of anyone spoil your day...

@Carmie, I can't even imagine losing your special, dear Aunt on the birthday you two shared. Hopefully, all the memories of birthdays past and other days spent together will give you comfort and ease the pain....

~H~
Honored Contributor

@Catty2, It's been six years that my Mother passed away. We were very close and special days, like my birthday, will never be the same. I hold memories of our time together close to my heart, as I'm sure you do too. I hope you were able to enjoy your day as much as possible....

IMG_1678.JPG

~H~
Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Today is my ?? birthday.  Let's just say that next year I will be moving into another decade.  My mother passed away on this day 10 years ago.  I am blessed that she almost made it to 90 and that she is no longer suffering, but I miss her every day.  ` Heart

@Catty2

I certainly can understand having mixed emotions on your birthdays. After reaching a certain age, which varies for each person of course, a birthday is not as big a celebration as when younger. Just my feelings personally, and an opinion.

Today is also a sad day for my wife(8-13-17) as this would have been her laye mother's 92nd birthday. She died 1 month before her 91st, back on July 13, 2016. She was a very nice lady whom I loved and miss also. These special days always bring things like this forward, regardless of the number of years, or decades, have passed.

Make the best day possible for yourself. Best to you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor