Respected Contributor

Birthdays Will Never Be The Same

Today is my ?? birthday.  Let's just say that next year I will be moving into another decade.  My mother passed away on this day 10 years ago.  I am blessed that she almost made it to 90 and that she is no longer suffering, but I miss her every day.  ` Heart

Trusted Contributor

Re: Birthdays Will Never Be The Same

Happy Birthday and many more.  I understand, still miss my mother too: it has been 12 1/2 years.
Do the math.
Valued Contributor

Me too. My birthday is Tuesday.  My first without my mom.  I have her pictures all in front of me. 

Hugs to all.

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @Catty2. It's only human to miss our mothers. I only got to really know my mother in the last five years of her life and I still miss her dearly.

Contributor

I am sorry for you loss. You are not alone. I lost my Mother also. 

Respected Contributor

I've heard it said that death is not the end of a relationship. I, too miss my mother everyday.

Happy birthday, I am sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

Miss my Mom too and her birthday is coming up in a few days.  Never will be forgotten.  Sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a difficult relationship with my mother once I became a preteen and on through my 20s.  Thought I knew it all.  I moved away for 10 years when I was 20, and when I came back to California was able to reconnect with her and actually get to know her a bit, but not as much as I wish I could have.  I was thinking about this recently, wishing I had asked her questions about herself when she was young, and so many other questions.

I'm glad we were able to mend our relationship.  She passed away in 2001, at the age of 84.

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain sorry for your and everyone else's loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@Catty2 I am so sorry for your loss.  How wonderful that you had the kind of relationship with your mother that you miss her and think about her daily.