Respected Contributor

My west highland terrier, Toby has turned 15 years old today!  He is healthy except for an ****** gland issue.  Toby belonged to my mother and she passed away Jan 30, 2016.

I  feel blessed to still have my best friend but am also saddened to think we are now enjoying his last days together.  He is my Tonto to the Lone Ranger and he is slowing down but he is a loyal, loving companion.  

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols -

He sounds wonderful!

I wish we could hold paw to hands and just close our eyes and go together-leaping over the rainbow bridge!Smiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Well my best to the Birthday Boy. My Oreo will be 16 this December. He is still very active but I do see him taking longer naps. 

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday to Toby! My little Maya is a Yorkie Maltese and she is 16! Even the vet can't believe it. She still acts like a puppy, but does slow down later in the day. I have never had a dog for this long, as I have lost my first two to cancer. It is so nice to have these furry family members with us for so long. Many more for you and Toby.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols  and TobyHeart

images (1).jpg

Valued Contributor

Hi don't count Toby out.  I have a westie that just turned 17 April 5.  She still is a very happy girl.  She eats, goes for walks (short) and has no issues with the other end.  We count every day a blessing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols...I am delighted to share my birthday with your beloved Toby.  Woman Happy Heart   

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

How fabulous that he is so healthy !  Happy Birthday!

Honored Contributor

Re: Birthday Boy

[ Edited ]

@Boomernichols 

Sounds like your Toby(and my feline Toby, now laying on my arm), have had and are having a good life. My Toby is 12 years old and doing pretty darned good.

That unfortunately is the "down" side of loving animals, they just do not live long enough.

Happy #15 Toby(🐕) and several more good years.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday Toby! So sorry for the loss of your mother.