Honored Contributor

A much needed ray of sunshine

My husband and I have been staying in since our governor's decree. Don't ask me how long, because I rarely even know what day it is. We've been okay but have had moments, much exacerbated by such constant togetherness and some amount of depression on both sides.

But today is good. I took my normal walk -- about three miles -- in perfect SoCal weather. The beach is closed, but my new route at least gives m a glimpse to keep me going.

Recently, my walks have not always left me in a good mood. Some people have no clue as to physical distancing. So I end up zigzagging quite often, ending up in the street sometimes.

Today I talked to four adults, three dogs, and a toddler. I felt human. I felt out of myself for a while. One of the big problems for me in isolation is that I'm too much in my own head, if that makes any sense. And trust me, that is one of the last places I want to dwell for any long period of time.

So it's good. And on top of that, we found out that our beloved niece, who has been trying for so long, is three months pregnant. She is the most thoughtful, generous, and super smart person in either of our families. :-)

It's a difficult time to be pregnant right now, but she'll deal with it with grace and courage. And a new life.

/ramble

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: A much needed ray of sunshine

@suzyQ3 @Thanks for the good news...don't get much from anyone right now.I laughed when you described your walks which are very similar to ours with constantly changing sides of the street or veering in different directions just to keep a distance.I am sad to think how hard I work to avoid people when I used to consider those I happened to meet very greet worthy.I imagine your day was warm and sunny...simply beautiful.I hope you could smell the beach.

Congratulations On the new family member coming your way...nothing like a new baby to bring joy to the world.

Honored Contributor

I own an entire 11 bars of Lindt dark chocolate. It was 12 now 11. I feel so rich having a little store display of chocolate bars right here in my own house. It's like a little box and all the bars stand up in it. There's a little Lindt master chocolatier in his little chef hat printed on each side of the box. I had no idea how happy having that much chocolate in the house all at once would make me. Whenever I see it I keep saying to myself, "Welcome to my chocolate store."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

A good friend of mine, a teacher and owner of a dance studio, who is always crazy busy, has had even more stress since March when the schools went "virtual", but last week she got to visit with her tiny grandson and the cloud lifted for several days.  The pics she sent me were so joyful, so full of life and love.  It made me so happy just to see them.

I've dealt with the isolation pretty well for the past however many weeks it's been, since mid-March, until this week when the reality hit that if the place I work out of (I am an independent contractor) isn't permitted to open soon, sometime in June, it is most likely going to go under.  And the surrounding studios aren't faring any better.  I am having trouble with this reality and it frightens me.  And makes me sad and very anxious.

My cat, Nelson, though, he makes me laugh a lot lately.  He's decided that jumping onto my shoulder, from wherever he happens to think he might land well, is the best fun ever.  He's like a big furry bird on my shoulder.

But when he misses and has to steady himself, oh, ouch.....

Cat LOL

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3  Today is a good day for a good day. 

I know exactly what you mean about getting in your own head. I can't seem to stay out of my own, and nothing good ever comes from too much of that!

Sending a warm virtual hug your way. Smiley Happy

(maybe it's the planets aligning or something, but after my lowest point yesterday---today was great for me too....got to see my Mom Heart)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

A good friend of mine, a teacher and owner of a dance studio, who is always crazy busy, has had even more stress since March when the schools went "virtual", but last week she got to visit with her tiny grandson and the cloud lifted for several days.  The pics she sent me were so joyful, so full of life and love.  It made me so happy just to see them.

I've dealt with the isolation pretty well for the past however many weeks it's been, since mid-March, until this week when the reality hit that if the place I work out of (I am an independent contractor) isn't permitted to open soon, sometime in June, it is most likely going to go under.  And the surrounding studios aren't faring any better.  I am having trouble with this reality and it frightens me.  And makes me sad and very anxious.

My cat, Nelson, though, he makes me laugh a lot lately.  He's decided that jumping onto my shoulder, from wherever he happens to think he might land well, is the best fun ever.  He's like a big furry bird on my shoulder.

Cat LOL

The trainer who owned the small studio I went to has closed for good...sooo very sad..she has been offering zoom classes free for a couple of weeks and will start charging soon.when social distance stay at home junk is over,she will be training out of her home.I think that could work but I am really going to miss the ladies that have all been together for over ten years.

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite @Have you tried tapping for happiness..check it out online.

Esteemed Contributor

When you start to feel depressed or anxious...........don't let yourself go there.  Concentrate on a possible baby name - what to buy for the baby shower - etc.  Most people just 'dwell' on the event of the day.  Rise above it - Think positive. You're lucky to have a new family member to think about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Cat LOL

The trainer who owned the small studio I went to has closed for good...sooo very sad..she has been offering zoom classes free for a couple of weeks and will start charging soon.when social distance stay at home junk is over,she will be training out of her home.I think that could work but I am really going to miss the ladies that have all been together for over ten years.

Does she have a Patreon account? That would be a good addition. People can subscribe and support her through that. https://www.patreon.com/

deleted the big article that took up so much space

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I just finished up the last smidge of my Chocolate 🍫 

Easter Bunny.   YUUUUUMMMY!

Did not share even a tiny bite.  😀

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras