Esteemed Contributor

My fav hasn't changed in decades:

A Patty Melt made with Swiss cheese and caramlized onions on rye bread.  My side of choice: Cole Slaw.

We have a bistro 1 block from our house that makes the best Patty Melts.  Now I NEED one!  

Esteemed Contributor

grilled ham and swiss cheese on rye bread

when I was pregnant: liver sausage, with yellow mustard & dill pickles (I still want it but so many calories)

for breakfast: scrambled eggs on toast with a slice of american cheese on both pieces of toast.

Respected Contributor

Dark bread with salami,swiss cheese ,and dill pickle.

Honored Contributor

Pork roll, cheese, S & P and ketchup on a good hard roll.  Jersey folks will understand.  

Honored Contributor

Like hockey nut I rarely have bread in the house.

My favorite is a hot mile-high pastrami sandwich on rye with plain old French’s mustard and a big dill pickle half.  That’s hard to find around here, unfortunately.  

Otherwise I like a grilled cheddar cheese sandwich on real sourdough bread.  I use grilled sourdough bread, with parm mixed into the butter, for a homemade hamburger.  

Respected Contributor

This thread is making me hungry!😋

One of my faves is a turkey and  bacon club with cheese and mayo.

Valued Contributor

I’ll take a mile-high, hot pastrami on Jewish rye with Dijon mustard and a side of thick cut steak fries, please!

Respected Contributor

@sfnative  a patty melt is my absolute favorite too!   But a BLT with a fried egg is a close second!!!  

I saw something on one of the morning shows recently that a grilled cheese is the favorite sandwich in the USA.  

Respected Contributor

I am a sandwich lover.

Put almost anything on bread and I am happy.

Nearly everything mentioned here appeals to me.

Esteemed Contributor

If I make it at home, it would be a BLT with homegrown tomatoes in the summer. In the winter, grilled cheese (2 or 3 different kinds of cheese) with peanut butter.