Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@SharkE - What model Bosch do you have?  It might be useful information for anyone buying to stay away from.

sku: 5710295   MODEL: SHPM65W55N      2018 year I bought

Respected Contributor

I have a one year old KitchenAid with the top 3rd rack for small items. 

I use daily and had it repaired one week before the warranty expired.  It was a part in the botton of the dishwasher, but it was for the top 3rd rack.

Not happy about having a problem in a year.  Especially for the price point paid.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE   Be careful with LG.  Had a replacement of my original frig and 2 repairs to the newer one.   LOVE the look and layout but hate that it has internal problems.  Both repair people said LG gives them A LOT of business!!!

Would not trust them with another purchase.

Honored Contributor

don't think anything made any more is worth a hoot !

Honored Contributor

Our first one came with the house.  Since then, I've had Kitchen Aid.  Really like that brand.  Lately, I've been going back to hand washing.  Sometimes I use the dishwasher though.  It does sterilize dishes.

Contributor

I also have a Bosch dishwasher.  I love all the features, and it is very quiet.  Unless I am right next to it, I don't even know it's running.  And it does a fantastic job on dishes without having to pre-wash the dishes first.

Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I must be the only person who loves the sound of the dishwasher running, lol. It's very cozy and comforting to me.

We have a GE Pro something or another back in our old house (aka The Rental) and it has more bells and whistles and buttons to program. I used it on normal wash, hot and air dry. Complete waste of doodads. About 2 years ago, the number panel (shows how much time you have left in a cycle) starting losing the ability to show the whole number so we looked into having it fixed. The ENTIRE top bar of the dishwasher (the control panel) would have to be replaced. Cost? The part alone was $890!!!! NO FREAKING WAY. So, our rentals have the manual and have figured out to ignore the numbers and simply wait for the beep to tell them it's done. I mean, really....who is going to pay that much for a part?! We'll wait till it simply dies and can't be fixed in any way and then I'll get the most basic one I can find. 

I hate doodads on stuff. They always break and cost $$$$ to fix.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor
I have a Kenmore Elite; the second one I have had. When my first one was worn out after many years, I went straight back to Kenmore Elite again; very quiet, dependable, and cleans perfectly. I know Sears is basically belly-up now...but they are still selling Kenmore brands at their "clearance" appliance centers. I am sorry I can't give you the model number because it is currently washing my dishes!
My fave features are the one-hr wash and the top-rack-only option.
Honored Contributor

should be on your use and care booklet. I always keep mine and staple the receipt on it with date and what I paid for it on the front, etc.