Regular Contributor

I need to replace my dishwasher.  I only use it a couple of times a month but my old Amana had a lot of features I liked.  I might only stay in my house 2-3 years.  Do I go to another top of the line or the least expensive one I can find  W here I live there are only 2 stores & not much of a selection.  Would anyone tell me about a really good dishwasher. Name brand & features.  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

We have a Bosch. We've had much trouble with dishwashers, including an early Bosch. But so far, so good.

Here are all the features on our model:

Heavy

Eco

Normal

Speed 60

Rinse

Delay

Half Load

Sanitize

Extra Dry

We use it every single day. We almost always use the auto function that supposedly senses what's needed to clean a particular load.

I always use the sanitize function and the extra dry. And I've used the Half load and Heavy on occasion.

But the bigger issue is with your only using a dishwasher a couple times a month and your probably move soon. I'm not sure it's worth spending a large amount. But only you can decide that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Kitchenaid...especially with the third rack.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

kitchenaid with hidden electronic panel, three racks and the middle rack is adjustable. stays clean and nice looking inside. very sleek and modern looking on the outside with a towel bar handle. pro dry, pro wash, light wash, hard food disposer so that any food pieces will be ground and will drain away, utensils on the bottom rack, super quiet. so good i purchased two in the past few years.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Contributor

I have had a Bosch since 2007.  I only use it a few times a month--not every week.  It is fine and I would recommend it.

Honored Contributor

Bosch, I wouldn't recommend to nobody. I have to clean the filter all the time.  Have to be an engineer to set it up.

When this one dies I'm going back to Whirlpool or GE. Bosch, is one expensive piece of 

Honored Contributor

We have not had to clean our Bosch filter since we've had it (we do lightly rinse our dishes).  And I don't recall any setting up involved at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I've had Kitchenaids and GE and GE profile dishwashers in the past and when my last profile one went out, I checked Consumer Reports and found that the Bosch was considered the best buy.  A friend of mine had put one in and also recommended it.  I have been using it for several years now and am extremely pleased.  It is so quiet, that I have to put my ear to the door sometimes to see if it is running.  The configuration of the racks is wonderful.  It holds so many more dishes then washers I had in the past.  Would highly recommend the Bosch.  Dishes come out spotless and glassware and dishes are spot free.  Eliminates odors from pressure cooker rings and removes stains from plasticware.

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, it does fine job of cleaning I don't have problem with that aspect, but, all those codes you have to do in succession to get it to operate.

Maybe every one has different models. I paid 1,000 for mine and maybe it has more bells and whistles then others and that's what makes it so hard to navigate.

I just set mine on one hr. cleaning and left it that way.