Honored Contributor

Got a surprise/shock this morning.  Our local BB&B store is closing.  Big one on State and Grand in Chicago.  Fortunately, we have most of our household goods and there's always Amazon which I'm sure has led to this store's demise.

Very disappointing and sad.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 I don't know if you posted on it, yesterday there was a thread going about their customer service.

Honored Contributor

Bed Bath & Beyond plans to close at least 40 stores this year but open 15 new locations

Copy/paste link--->usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/11/bed-bath-beyond-closings-least-40-locations-shuttered/3444217002/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Ours closed too .😟

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if the one here closes too.  Also, their website isn't that great.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't heard anything about the Seattle BB&B, but the one near me is located in a mall that is transitioning to mainly a sports training facility, ice rink, and restaurants. Macy's is leaving that mall as is Nordstrom and Penney's. Probably many more will follow. Amazon is fine for some things, but for me, BB&B is a ten minute drive from me, and if I want something, it's nice to get it on the spot and not have to wait fro the mail or pay shipping on a small item. I would not be surprised, though, if the one near me will go the way of the other stores. Northgate Mall is one of the first in the country of its kind, and certainly THE first in the state of Washington. Now it's going to be part of the movie theater and sports entertainment zone instead. Progress?

Honored Contributor

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond

[ Edited ]

My store isn't very appealing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Bed Bath & Beyond plans to close at least 40 stores this year but open 15 new locations

Copy/paste link--->usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/11/bed-bath-beyond-closings-least-40-locations-shuttered/3444217002/

@Mz iMac 

Giggle.

I moved recently...replaced a lot of home items.

I think, honestly, that alone will pay their rent for another month/2. 

😆

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read in a business article last week where it stated that Bed Bath & Beyond failed to keep up with the habits of shoppers. The article indicated that online shopping is fast becoming a primary way for shoppers to spend their dollars and the brick and mortar store sales were declining. I hope they can recover from this slope as I really like Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

The article was a cnn.com article titled Bed, Bath and Beyond is running out of time...dated 2019/07/11. 

Trusted Contributor

That is sad.

Also sad, the closing of:

Marshall Fields (yes I know I must move on)

Carson's

Lord and Taylor 

Dressbarn