Honored Contributor

update 4/11/2020

The latest Delaware COVID-19 case statistics, cumulatively since March 11, include:
• 1,479 total laboratory-confirmed cases
• New Castle County cases: 807
• Kent County cases: 255
• Sussex County cases: 404
• Unknown County: 13
• Males: 647; Females: 824; Unknown: 8
• Age range: 1 to 97
• Currently hospitalized: 190; Critically ill: 55 (This data represents individuals currently hospitalized in a Delaware hospital regardless of residence, and is not cumulative.)
• Delawareans recovered: 191
•   9,624 negative cases*
*Data on negative cases are preliminary, based on negative results reported to DPH by state and commercial laboratories performing analysis.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Sunshine,

I moved to Lewes in August from NY.  So I'm watching Gov. Cuomo every morning, getting daily phone updates from my former city in Westchester County and updates for the state of DE.  

I was just beginning to feel settled here.  I have 2 part time jobs - subbing in the school district and working at a jewelry store, was making friends thru Meet Up activities.   Except for food shopping every 10 days or so, and 2 trips to Walmart, I've been in my apartment since March 17.  I had even found a hair salon that I like and a place close by for manicures before all this!

Be safe!

Honored Contributor

UPDATE for 4/12/2020

The latest Delaware COVID-19 case statistics, cumulatively since March 11, include:

• 1,625 total laboratory-confirmed cases
  • New Castle County cases: 880
  • Kent County cases: 281
  • Sussex County cases: 464
  • Males: 725; Females: 900
  • Age range: 1 to 97
  • Currently hospitalized: 201; Critically ill: 51 (This data represents individuals currently hospitalized in a Delaware hospital regardless of residence, and is not cumulative.)
  • Delawareans recovered: 213
  • 10,195 negative cases*

*Data on negative cases are preliminary, based on negative results reported to DPH by state and commercial laboratories performing analysis.   

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
UPDATE 4/15/2020

1,625 total laboratory-confirmed cases
New Castle County cases: 880
Kent County cases: 281
Sussex County cases: 464
Males: 725; Females: 900
Age range: 1 to 97
Currently hospitalized: 201; Critically ill: 51 (This data represents individuals currently hospitalized in a Delaware hospital regardless of residence, and is not cumulative.)
Delawareans recovered: 213
10,195 negative cases*

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 

I have only passed thru Lewes to and from the ferry on our way to Bethany Beach. We have been down there 4 or 5 times over the last 10 years.  We currently live in the Scarsdale area where were you when you were up here 

@roeroe1005 wrote:

Sunshine,

I moved to Lewes in August from NY.  So I'm watching Gov. Cuomo every morning, getting daily phone updates from my former city in Westchester County and updates for the state of DE.  

I was just beginning to feel settled here.  I have 2 part time jobs - subbing in the school district and working at a jewelry store, was making friends thru Meet Up activities.   Except for food shopping every 10 days or so, and 2 trips to Walmart, I've been in my apartment since March 17.  I had even found a hair salon that I like and a place close by for manicures before all this!

Be safe!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox,

I was born and lived in White Plains until August.  Grew up in the Battle Hill section and moved back to our family home when my parents were in their 80's and needed extra help.  My dad was a gardener and most of his jobs were in Scarsdale.   I miss the tanning salon by the Hartsdale train station and the great bakery across the street!  And I miss our pizza!  

I'm now about 2 miles from the Lewes ferry.  When I go back to NY, I take the ferry across to Cape May (love it there) and take the Garden State parkway.

I've been to Bethany Beach but before I moved here.  Once life is a lttle closer to normal, I will take a ride to BB and really start learning my way around here.  

And I've learned to pump my own gas!Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 

how are you liking the delaware area so far (excluding what is going on now?)

i really need to get there SOON! lots to do and i need to be in my happy place.

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 

I know the area well, the Yogurt store across from the train station closed not sure how long ago, we used to enjoy sitting on the benches on a Summer evening watching life go by, ah will it ever be the same. We have taken the ferry and parkway everytime we have gone down except one and then the drive home seemed endless.

Stay well and I can not wait until this situation changes hopefully for the better 

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@I am still oxox,

I was born and lived in White Plains until August.  Grew up in the Battle Hill section and moved back to our family home when my parents were in their 80's and needed extra help.  My dad was a gardener and most of his jobs were in Scarsdale.   I miss the tanning salon by the Hartsdale train station and the great bakery across the street!  And I miss our pizza!  

I'm now about 2 miles from the Lewes ferry.  When I go back to NY, I take the ferry across to Cape May (love it there) and take the Garden State parkway.

I've been to Bethany Beach but before I moved here.  Once life is a lttle closer to normal, I will take a ride to BB and really start learning my way around here.  

And I've learned to pump my own gas!Woman Tongue

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox,

Same to you!  Maybe we can meet at the Lewes ferry for a drink when the new restaurant opens!  We may have seen each other in passing!

Good luck to your hubby.  I remember you saying he is retiring soon.

Be safe!

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45,

Well, it's been an adjustment.  I'm surprised at how many NYers, I mean people who are from my hometown, are here.  A few weeks after I moved here, I went to a local brow place to make an appointment.  The owner asked for my phone #.  I started with the 914 area code and she says a smarty mouth answer. I look at her and say YOU must be from NY!Woman Very Happy  Her parents actually lived in the apartment building across the street from me before I moved back to my family home!

I was starting to get into it.  I was (am) working 2 jobs - one in the school district as a substitute (office & teacher's aide) and also in a local jewelry store.  I had joined 2 meet up groups, so I was beginning to feel comfortable.  Being single, and only knowing my cousin who moved here 15 yrs ago, I knew I  would need to put on my big girl panties and get out there.  With one of the meet up groups, we were meeting for dinner once or twice a week, so I was finding my way around (thank you Waze).  I had been trained to volunteer at the Lewes library.  Joined 2 senior centers.  Finding my way.  I'm hoping to go back to that life soon!

I had just gotten my park pass (cashier was from Brooklyn) and I loved ending the day at the bay.  Looking forward to doing that again.

But I do miss my sister, my nephew and his wife who is pregnant, and my younger nephew who lived with dad until dad passed and I was upstairs.

Hope you can return here soon!