Honored Contributor

We finally got the spring breakers in Florida home - and possible bringing the virus with them - then today I saw a picture of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The Avenue was so crowded you could barely get through, and there were a lot of people on the beach.

I'm staying home, my kids are staying in their homes (one is here), and STILL people don't get it. These people go where they want, then they come into the drugstore the ONE time I go in to hurriedly pick up something, and cough while we're standing in line. My friend said one of her neighbors (who's not that young) just got back from Morocco. She's been running all over. 

Where are the authorities?  CLOSE THE RESORT TOWNS!  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

i have been seeing photos also @beach-mom, from a few of the delmarva beach towns. i am sure that many were tempted by the 80 degree temperatures today.

i am not really sure how they can "close" the towns though?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have been seeing photos also @beach-mom, from a few of the delmarva beach towns. i am sure that many were tempted by the 80 degree temperatures today.

@sunshine45 - They can do what everyone else is doing - grocery and drug stores open, restaurant and bars take out only, all other stores closed.

And Florida closed their beaches; Delaware can too! 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

We finally got the spring breakers in Florida home - and possible bringing the virus with them - then today I saw a picture of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The Avenue was so crowded you could barely get through, and there were a lot of people on the beach.

I'm staying home, my kids are staying in their homes (one is here), and STILL people don't get it. These people go where they want, then they come into the drugstore the ONE time I go in to hurriedly pick up something, and cough while we're standing in line. My friend said one of her neighbors (who's not that young) just got back from Morocco. She's been running all over. 

Where are the authorities?  CLOSE THE RESORT TOWNS!  Smiley Mad

It's almost like really really low level junior grade domestic terrorism.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

There are those who think themselves invincible.  there are those who are selfish and arrogant and continue to do as they please without care.  That is fine for them but unfortunately they affect all of us who do care, who are following doctor's instructions, who are doing their part to help themselves and others get through this nightmare.  

Crisis bring out the best and worst in people and sadly the worst people can cause harm to many with this virus.  Beaches need to be closed and people need to be home not acting like fools and possibly putting the health of others in jeopardy. That angers me.

Esteemed Contributor

The hummers on army trucks may sober them up. Crossing my town's highway over the past couple of days.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 - They can do what everyone else is doing - grocery and drug stores open, restaurant and bars take out only, all other stores closed.

yes, they can close the beaches themselves, but what stops them from congregating in other areas of town? i saw a zumba group a couple of days ago on the boardwalk in bethany beach......near the bandstand. my guess is is that they are locals.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Australia closed their borders, but their beaches are packed.....duh!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Do you live in or near Bethany Beach, we have vacationed down there several times and love the area

@sunshine45 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

yes, they can close the beaches themselves, but what stops them from congregating in other areas of town? i saw a zumba group a couple of days ago on the boardwalk in bethany beach......near the bandstand. my guess is is that they are locals.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

we have a second home at the delaware beaches.

love it and are down very often all year long.

i was there a few weeks ago. Smiley Happy

i love "the quiet resorts."