Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

I have a ticket pinned to my fridge from a show at the Freeman Stage Summer before last, we were there this Summer at the end of July and I have never been so hot in all my life 

@sunshine45 wrote:

@I am still oxox 

we have a second home at the delaware beaches.

love it and are down very often all year long.

i was there a few weeks ago. Smiley Happy

i love "the quiet resorts."

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

oh i know @I am still oxox ......it can be so hot and HUMID during july and august in particular. sometimes i cannot even stand to be by the pool or beach for very long. cannot wait to see who they are bringing this year to the freeman stage, if it gets the chance to happen at all.

lots of great restaurants in the area also!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

yes, they can close the beaches themselves, but what stops them from congregating in other areas of town? i saw a zumba group a couple of days ago on the boardwalk in bethany beach......near the bandstand. my guess is is that they are locals.

You're right @sunshine45 . People can do what they want, and it's too bad they are not thinking this situation is serious for everyone. (We're a little north of you in DB - not now of course!) 

Valued Contributor

One might think sea water is the cure.  

National parks have waived entrance fees ... encouraging people to get out and about. 

Honored Contributor

Most, if not all, of our Colorado ski resorts are closed. That is devastating the economy here but we gotta do it right now. Vail is a hot spot. The ski resorts will remain closed until 4/1 but I don't think they will open again until next ski season. Our state parks are still open and are a good place to go and get exercise while enjoying our beautiful state here.

Respected Contributor

Should have done sooner!

Respected Contributor

I have a second home in Rehoboth and my aunt lives there all year long.  She took a drive yesterday to downtown Rehoboth and was shocked to see how many people were out and about.  Sussex county only has about 5 people infected so I guess people don't feel there is a big risk. 

Honored Contributor

Seems that people are just selfish,and stupid.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

3/21/20 at 10:15am....

update.....40 confirmed cases in delaware. new castle county has 28, kent county has 5, sussex county has 7. there have been no deaths.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Delaware beaches and boardwalks are closed until May 15, or until it is safe. Some local beaches had already closed before the governor announced that today. Apparently seeing the crowds of Thursday, March 19 got their attention! Even knowing this, and with the weather cooler, groups of people tried to walk the Boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach. State Police had to chase them off! SMH Smiley Frustrated