Honored Contributor
Delaware Updates 4/5/20
Delware has been confirmed as a major disaster area.

confirmed cases

negative cases

hospitalized

critical

recovered

deaths

New Castle 436 confirmed
9 deaths

Kent 86 confirmed
2 deaths

Sussex 151 confirmed
3 deaths
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

We also reside in a coastal town....... Beaches full traffic non stop traveling 

both ways.   Upsetting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   People are just not getting it.

We live in a small community with one hospital.  Many seniors.  Extra 

traffic in stores puts EVERYONE at more risk.  I am so DISGUSTED

@beach-mom wrote:

We finally got the spring breakers in Florida home - and possible bringing the virus with them - then today I saw a picture of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The Avenue was so crowded you could barely get through, and there were a lot of people on the beach.

I'm staying home, my kids are staying in their homes (one is here), and STILL people don't get it. These people go where they want, then they come into the drugstore the ONE time I go in to hurriedly pick up something, and cough while we're standing in line. My friend said one of her neighbors (who's not that young) just got back from Morocco. She's been running all over. 

Where are the authorities?  CLOSE THE RESORT TOWNS!  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

Sadly....I fear with the warm  nice weather more young people are going to go to the beaches and party

Honored Contributor
4/6/2020 UPDATES

Positive Cases

Negative Cases

Total Deaths

Total Recovered

Hospitalizations

New Castle County has 436

Kent County has 86

Sussex County has 151

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Did I hear correctly that the Gov of Georgia just opened the beaches??? If true, SMH!

Yes, I read that on Friday or Saturday - the Town of Tybee Beach was not happy as they had closed everything down, then Kemp is telling everyone they can go to the Beach now - he just doesn't get it (this coming from the Gov who just realized on Wed or Thurs people who are asymptomatic can spread the virus).

Honored Contributor

They probably don't know anyone that has it.  And they are tired of being cooped up in the house.  You won't see this in NY of course, because the death toll is high.  But in other places that have beaches, yes they will go there in droves.

Honored Contributor

4/7/2020

Gov. John Carney has banned all short-term rental units – including vacation home rentals, hotels, motels, and condo rentals – to help fight the spread of COVID-19.

Commercial lodging in Delaware will close at 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 7, and remain closed through May 15, or until the public health threat is eliminated, he said in a statement. The order exempts certain Delawareans and essential workers who may need access to short-term rental units. That list of exemptions includes caretakers with family members nearby, healthcare providers, journalists, and Delawareans with public housing vouchers. Victims of domestic violence who need alternative shelter are also exempted.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/governor-bans-short-term-rentals/200518?fbclid=IwAR3kIwupyvc18RG...

Honored Contributor

4/9/2020

The latest Delaware COVID-19 case statistics, cumulatively since March 11, include:

• 1,116 total laboratory-confirmed cases
  • New Castle County cases: 636
  • Kent County cases: 201
  • Sussex County cases: 279
  • Males: 495; Females: 614; Unknown: 7
  • Age range: 1 to 97
  • Currently hospitalized: 177; Critically ill: 51 (This data represents individuals currently hospitalized in a Delaware hospital regardless of residence, and is not cumulative.)
  • Delawareans recovered: 159
  • 8,323 negative cases*

*Data on negative cases are preliminary, based on negative results reported to DPH by state and commercial laboratories performing analysis. 

Honored Contributor

update on 4/10/2020

• 1,326 total laboratory-confirmed cases
  • New Castle County cases: 751
  • Kent County cases: 230
  • Sussex County cases: 336
  • Unknown county cases: 9
  • Males: 584; Females: 736; Unknown: 6
  • Age range: 1 to 97
  • Currently hospitalized: 181; Critically ill: 48 (This data represents individuals currently hospitalized in a Delaware hospital regardless of residence, and is not cumulative. Please note that Thursday’s hospitalization rate was incorrect due to a reporting error. The corrected number is 169.)
  • Delawareans recovered: 177
  • 9,089 negative cases*

*Data on negative cases are preliminary, based on negative results reported to DPH by state and commercial laboratories performing analysis.   

Honored Contributor

DELAWARE has now officially extended its state of emergency through mid may.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/92951634_2958838237488290_8861303570792710144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=IQre1qzgF7kAX_fR_ej&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ffd1b69e1776f9108b69efcd3b9c3ebd&oe=5EB687D7