Honored Contributor

🦇 Bat Call for dooBdoo 🦇

giphy-1.gif@dooBdoo 

Do you know of a way to delete the duplicated images "From My Uploaded Images" in the image window?   I have 850+ images stored & most are duplicates. icon_exclaim.gif

If I remember correctly we both use Macs.

I tried "right click" but no "delete option" showed up.  Nothing on "left click."

I suspect the message board software does not have the option to do what I am trying to do. Smiley Sad 

I thought maybe you may know of a work-a-round on a Mac.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🦇 Bat Call for dooBdoo 🦇

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Mz iMac!   I just checked the forums for the first time today and saw this thread!   You made me laugh!😁   (Thanks...❤️  I  needed a lift today!)   

To save time, I hope you don't mind if I start with a copy-and-paste from another thread to see if it suits your needs.   (eta:   This should work on any device.)    Let me know if it doesn't and we can look for other possible options.

holysmokesbatman.png

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want to delete one image at a time, go to your profile and in each album you can hover the cursor over an image and click the "X" in the upper right corner.   Or, actually click on the picture, open it, and above it in the drop-down "Image Options" menu select "Delete Image."

Alternatively, you might want to look at batch processing.   I'll provide basics, with some screen shots, and if you have more questions just ask...  if I can't answer, I know someone on the forums can.😊

Just go to your images and take a look at the drop-down menu you'll see when you click/tap either "Album Options" or "Image Options."    Choose "batch processing" first.

Then, click/tap again and you'll see your choices.   We have the option of removing individual images, or several images, or pages of images, or even entire albums.

This is how it looks when I choose to see my albums, overall:

80E187BD-2D13-427B-8268-1A2A5B89CAE8.jpeg

15C368F5-F190-48D9-BC44-2EAA3E36F42E.jpeg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this is an example of the options I see when I select my album titled "Public" and I want to edit within that album:

56A1860D-DB90-4B12-90DF-BA7E1A07A3A1.jpeg

C9D04DCB-0C24-4CE0-AA6D-06CBBB908C80.jpeg

You also can select "All Images" to see everything in all your albums, and use the same drop-down menu options.   I hope this helps....  I might not have explained it well.    I don't keep many images here, but those who do might have other tips to offer.  🌻

(this is a copy of a 12/2018 post)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One important reminder...   when we remove images from our profile albums they also will vanish from all the posts that contained links to those images (and that includes our avatar image).   

All of these images in our posts, and displayed as our avatar, actually point (link) back to our albums and if we remove the album image we also remove the link in the post or the avatar.

Last time I looked, the image in the post or avatar was usually replaced by something like a red "x" in a box -- indicating a missing or broken link. 

Example of what you'll probably see:

brokenlinkimage.gif

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(((@Preds)))❤️   Thanks!   

🎶🎵🎶"You are always on my mind..."🎶🎵🎶

Honored Contributor

Thank you @dooBdoo

Your written & pic instructions were spot on.  I have to go the "batch" route.  By the time I delete all the dups & other nonsense I don't need, I should have only 20 images on tap.

I took a screen shot of your detailed instructions.  I know I will need them again.

I was originally in the wrong section.  I was in "Settings" looking for a way to delete.  Never though to check out "My Profile."  Darn those brain f@rts & senior moments.

Thank you again!  Much appreciated.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Excellent, @Mz iMac!   You're welcome!   I wish the site had a better system for images, but 'tis what 'tis.😉   Don't worry 'bout the brain f@rts and senior moments...  I know I've been having them since I was in my teens!🙃   

Honored Contributor

As usual, sweet lady @dooBdoo  to the rescue!

Hope life is treating you and yours well, Doobs!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Once again @dooBdoo saves the day!!!  You are fantastic!!!Heart