Honored Contributor

Re: Bank steps up to help furloughed workers

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Those who have the absolute GALL to sit back and judge those whose circumstances are difficult, if not dire, make me sick to my stomach, quite frankly.

Do these critics, these paragons of virtue, have any idea how obnoxious they sound?

Guess their parents never taught them, "Walk a mile in another man's shoes".

It's despicable, their self righteousness, and  puffed up tales of how they made soup from shoe leather when THEY were out of work.  How THEY are so much better than those they see on food lines on T.V.

Ugh.

1,000 Hearts @QueenDanceALot

Esteemed Contributor

Seems to be no shortage of self righteousness on either side.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Those who have the absolute GALL to sit back and judge those whose circumstances are difficult, if not dire, make me sick to my stomach, quite frankly.

Do these critics, these paragons of virtue, have any idea how obnoxious they sound?

It's despicable, their self righteousness, and  puffed up tales of how they made soup from shoe leather when THEY were out of work.  How THEY are so much better than those they see on food lines on T.V.

Ugh.

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Ugh.

Your indignation is laughable.

Remember what happens when you point fingers at others.

Valued Contributor

I find it very disheartening to hear people blaming the victims of this shutdown. My husband and I came from very modest backgrounds and have been so fortunate to retire with security and means that I never envisioned 45 years ago. Yes, we worked hard, made long-term sacrifices, planned for the future etc. etc.

However I have never lost sight of the fact that some of our good fortune has come from pure luck. 

-We were LUCKY to be born into stable families who taught us the importance of hard work, money management etc. They gave us the tools to succeed and the confidence to try. So many young people today come out of chaos, divorce, addiction and have no clue how to live responsibly. One foolish mistake can set them back for decades even if they mature and try to do better.

-We were LUCKY to have reasonably good health and when I got breast cancer at 48 we had excellent health coverage and lived in an area with great medical resources.

We were LUCKY to have a child in perfect health and parents to help with child care and emergencies when I went back to nursing school. Many go to work with their hearts in their throats having no backup.

-We were LUCKY we were blessed with the intellectual ability to master higher education.

-We were LUCKY to have never been in a natural disaster where all that we had was destroyed.

-We were LUCKY to have never been the victims of random violence, debilitating car accidents which sidetrack many for life.

I could go on and on. Americans have always been known for their generosity and decency. I pray we never lose what made us great.

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup Amen👏

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Ugh.

Your indignation is laughable.

Remember what happens when you point fingers at others.

@maestra

Indignation and finger pointing as you did in your post here?

@maestra wrote:

From everything I have read HERE gov't workers are forming bread lines.

Doesnt anyone have an emergency savings account?

I was a single mother for 22 years, no insurance coverage for me (DD was covered by ex), living pretty much frompay to paycheck and even I had an emergency fund that was never used unless it ws a medical emergency or if I became unemployed (rare, but did happen 1 x). 

Valued Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Seems to be no shortage of self righteousness on either side.

Like your post yesterday bragging about the amount of money your family donated and claiming other posters were doing nothing but sitting at a keyboard posting?

That was self righteous.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Somertime I couldn't agree more with your post. It is cruel. Very cruel. That's exactly the word, uncertainty.  With no end to this in sight I would think some people are selling off possessions and doing similar things out of awful fear that they won't be able to eat soon. And it IS soon for so many of them, it's not some abstract time way down the line. It's not about missing one paycheck, that's very short sighted and judgmental.

@Trinity11 would know far more about it than I ever could, but I would venture a guess that insulin is skyrocketing because of greed. Just because drug companies can. My Mom used to always tell me they would never find a cure for diabetes because there's far too much money to be made in not finding a cure. And she wasn't a cynical person. Smart but not cynical.

The people who protested at the drug company, the one I mentioned pages ago-they weren't being exploited by the media or looking for their fifteen minutes. They were telling the truth about what happened to their loved ones because of the price of insulin. They rationed it, they died as a result. Guess some here would question and blame them too and have all sorts of judgements about what they should have done. Maybe even blame them for having diabetes. Who knows, nothing would surprise me anymore.

@Greeneyedlady21Yes, the price of insulin is sky-rocketing because of greed. We aren't going to win this war on price gouging because of who we put in office in this country. Google Alex Azar. That explains it but cannot be discussed here because it would be deemed political. SIGH.