Honored Contributor

Re: Balance on Q Card re Easy Pay

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I would not open a Q charge card, I don't need unnecessary credit cards. I also rarely do easy pays on anything anymore. If you buy a number of items often and put them on easy pays, you never get anything paid off to say PHEW that was NOT easy.

Last week I received a huge postcard featuring David V trying to sell me a Q card in order to get a $100 credit!!!!  Seriously????? Way to attempt to bribe the long time customers as said postcard offered.

Thanks but no thanks!

I had a Q Card but I ended up closing it because it was of no benefit for me to have it.  I now pay everything using Paypal.

I do use easypay but most of the time, once I know I am keeping the item, I go into my account and have them immediately charge the rest of the payments to my Paypal so the item is being paid in full.   

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Of COURSE I have checked my balance against my EPs - it never makes sense.  I HAVE called CS - they told me to call Synchrony Bank.  Just thought someone here might know.

And no - not kidding.  Guess I'm just stupid.

Thanks anyway everyone - never mind.  

@FranandZoe, make sure you check the closing date of your credit card statement.  For instance, if the closing date of your card is the 20th of every month, only easy payments between the 21st and the 20th will be on your statement, not necessarily every easy pay for an entire month since they are all charged on different days.

Honored Contributor

One of the reasons I never use easy pay unless it's for a relatively large amount.  I think paying for six months on an item that costs $30 is stupid and no incentive to me.  Just another way to try to get you to buy more which I would if there were better prices and a better selection of items.

Esteemed Contributor

BETTER selection - yes

I have enough sloppy clothes already.  And D&Co. has changed so much - I don't even recognize nor relate to their 'styles'.  That Sunday 4 dip-dyed colored thing looked like State Fair T-shirt booth thing.

Respected Contributor

There is no relationship between your balance and upcoming easy pays.  Look at it this way: an easy pay charge is a new charge each month.  For billing purposes, it is as if you bought a new item each month for the same $$.  Each month's $$ is a new charge.

So, your monthly balance is just the result of one month's activity.  It does not ancipate future months.

Hope this helps . . . 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

Of COURSE I have checked my balance against my EPs - it never makes sense.  I HAVE called CS - they told me to call Synchrony Bank.  Just thought someone here might know.

@FranandZoe, make sure you check the closing date of your credit card statement.  For instance, if the closing date of your card is the 20th of every month, only easy payments between the 21st and the 20th will be on your statement, not necessarily every easy pay for an entire month since they are all charged on different days.

Thanks LipstickDiva - that makes sense.

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

There is no relationship between your balance and upcoming easy pays.  Look at it this way: an easy pay charge is a new charge each month.  For billing purposes, it is as if you bought a new item each month for the same $$.  Each month's $$ is a new charge.

So, your monthly balance is just the result of one month's activity.  It does not ancipate future months.

Hope this helps . . . 

It does Peaches McPhee - thanks!

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

Thanks LipstickDiva - that makes sense.

@FranandZoe @Lipstickdiva 

If the statement closing date is on the 20th any e-z pays dated after the 20th will be on your next statement. If it's dated the 21st & your statement closing date is the 20th the 21st ez pays won't be posted until the next month.

I know I have had 2 ez pays on the same statement even though they say 1 payment per month. It just depends on the date of that charge & your closing statement date.  

Last ez pay I had I wanted to make sure DH wanted what I bought him. I paid the 1st payment then had the balance moved to Synchrony so I could pay the balance. That way I don't have to wait to get my money back if I returned it. I also don't want a credit balance on my card or a check mailed to me so I have to go to the Bank. Not happening.

When I bought a sleep number bed I put it on ez pay & paid my last payment before I received my last statement because it was set up on so many month payments. If you don't pay the balance off on time they go back & charge you all the finance charges if it's not paid off by a certain date. I don't know if Synchrony thought they would pull a fast one or had something to do with Q & Synchrony so I would have to pay all those finance charges. Ticked me off. I could see what was going to happen while I was making payments. If I had waited on my last statement the balance would have been paid after the full balance due date. I'm not getting stuck paying finance charges or interest period.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOODI use EZPay whenever it's offered and I always pay it off;  as long as I'm a disciplined spender and watch my card, I see no reason to remove my money from my bank accoiunt before I have to

I don't use a Q card because I don't need more EZPays than QVC offers even to us who use other cards.

@FranandZoeI would assume Synchrony works the same way all credit cards do, but you do need to teach yourself how to follow the charges to your account.  I check my QVC account online at the beginning of every month so I know what will be charged to my card and on what day.  And then when the bill shows up (mail or online) I can match the charge account to what QVC listed.  I've been fortunate not to find errors and I've had as many as 12 EZPays running at one time.

If you also take advantage of the offers for those special offers to Q cards for 8 or 12 or 18 months, be very careful.  I say that because those offers could have different treatment that I don't know about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva   I do the same thing. I will only use easy pay if I find someting I may think I really want to try and/or keep. If I put something on easy pay and keep it I also get into my account and pay it off immediately because I cannot stand looking at my account months out only to see I owe owe owe.

Easy pay or no, I pay off my cc every month.