Esteemed Contributor

Went yesterday morning. Got there a minute before they opened the doors for the special senior hour of shopping. The line wasn't too long, 50 at most. With the ropes and cones I felt like I was in line for a ride at Disneyworld. Line moved fast. They were fully stocked with toilet paper and paper towels in their own brand and name brands. 

The only sparse stock was the frozen food cases. Very thinned out. I don't know if masks were required but everyone had one on, customers and employees. And the cashiers had shields between us and them. Everyone respected everyone else's space in the lines. As usual couldn't wait to get out in the air and out of that mask. How employees anywhere that the masks must be worn all day long do it is beyond me. After awhile I think I'd panic believing I could no longer breathe with that thing on. And yet some not only have to wear the mask but also the shield and protective gown. 

My granddaughter sent me a photo of herself wearing the whole deal (she's an LPN) and it just looks like it would be difficult to do your job wearing so much protective gear. Bless them all. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlI do okay with the disposable masks that we civilians wear, but I am still limiting where I go as well as the time I spend there when I do. 

I do believe the people working in closed environments where infection is so likely must find their protective gear terribly burdensome. But so is the fear of infection and death and I know if I were one of them, I'd be fearful even with the best gear.   The stories from the hospitals are particularly harrowing, and I feel unending thankfulness that so many walk right into work day after day.

Trusted Contributor

It's hard to find any frozen food anywhere.  I think a lot of the food manufacturing plants were hit hard, and the situation is not helped by people with big freezers that hoarded all they could get their hands on early in the pandemic.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, but I always thought that was a funny name for a store.

BJ.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

It's easier than saying "Berkley-Jensen's", which is what it stands for:  BJ's.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I'm sorry, but I always thought that was a funny name for a store.

BJ.

@Anonymous032819 Aaahaahaa. Yeh I wasn't sure if when it posted it would show up as BJ's or as *** or whatever it is that the Q substitutes for what they deem words unfit for our viewing.

Trusted Contributor

PLease forgive my stupidity, but isnt' BJ a bad word?

It may mean something else, can you please tell me what it means ( I mean the good word) 

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

So Juvenile

Esteemed Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

PLease forgive my stupidity, but isnt' BJ a bad word?

It may mean something else, can you please tell me what it means ( I mean the good word) 

@Dinaki Berkley-Jenson is the full name. It's a warehouse store like Costco. But all their warehouse stores go by just the initials BJ's. You can google them. 

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl 

I thank you dear. Here in Columbus GA we dont have BJ store, but we do have a big store that is called SAMS and its very near to one of our Wallmart stores.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece