Honored Contributor

Amazon becoming my “GO TO” these days

I order a lot of items from Amazon that I use to buy locally. Mostly it is because the local stores...even  Costco...are often out of what I need... just not dependable....thus I find it on Amazon ....use prime... And get it right away.  

If the B&B stores are not keeping things In stock, I will go elsewhere. Amazon is my go to now.   That is why Amazon is doing so well and getting my money.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon becoming my “GO TO” these days

@SeaMaiden 

Same here.  I "subscribe" to stuff I use regularly.  Coffee, canned goods, laundry detergent, shampoo, WetJet stuff, Swifter refills, plastic bags. etc., etc.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

Same here.  I "subscribe" to stuff I use regularly.  Coffee, canned goods, laundry detergent, shampoo, WetJet stuff, Swifter refills, plastic bags. etc., etc.

@ALRATIBA   I love the subscribe and save!❤️❤️ I can adjust it each month to what I need... I get many products on subscription that I use to order elsewhere...easy...great prices...dependable. 

Honored Contributor

Me too.  It's so easy and convenient to just order something from Amazon rather than drive to and search for it in a store.  I get something almost every day.  What did we ever do without it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

@SeaMaiden 

I got started with Amazon in Deccember, 1996.  I still remember - I was visiting my parents over Christmas, and there was an Amazon commercial on TV.  

I went into the den to use their computer and ordered a book!   

Now - Amazon is the first place I look when I need something.  Amazon is the to-go place for most of my friends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to say, I've been using them more than usual because of the one stop shopping aspect. That said, they too have been out of necessities at times, and I find I have to be very cautious of price gougers and instantaneous price changes, as well as rapid changes in availability. An awful lot of things also seem only to be avaiable in bulk, which ican be off-putting.Their shipping, though, continues to be better than average and lo and behold unlike Macy's and a number of other businesses these days, if you absolutely need to, you actually can get somebody on the phone... I'm glad to have them as a resource... With too many other entities, they still want you to buy, but they don't seem to want to back anything up... They just want to tell you how hard they're working in these difficult times... Blah-blah-blah... Meawhile, until proven otherwise, Amazon seems to be walking the walk... It also goes without saying that right now, I'd much rather opt for delivery...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Never been a big fan of Amazon. I've had issues with outside or third party or whatever you call them, vendors. Learned to never use them again. Had orders lost, had to fight to get refunds when it happened. Lots of stuff I look for is out of stock during this Covid thing. Overall, not my first option when shopping. 

That said, I do and have purchased there, just not a big fan and never my first stop/look

Honored Contributor

I have been getting a lot from Amazon for some time now.  I only began with them in 1999, but my buying continues to be large and varied.  If I didn't get it at the grocery store, I probably got it at Amazon.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been my own go-to since 2005 - LOVE them.

Hey, @SeaMaiden ,does Buddy order dog stuff when you and DH are asleep?

Or converse with Alexa when you both aren't home?

;-)

Respected Contributor

Right now I'm on a 2 month free trial of Amazon Prime.  Been using it mostly to order groceries for delivery from Whole Foods and it's been great.  I have the hang of it now!  My delivery yesterday was a breeze -- all delivery times were available when I ordered!

Also ordered some other things and deciding if I want to go monthly or yearly for Prime or if I want to cancel. I used to only order from there occasionally but wondering how much I will when our shelter in place is over.  But I agree that you find all sorts of stuff there, often at decent prices and delivery is usually reliable.