Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife  Thanks so much for posting this. It was what I wanted to write aswell but figured I would get poofed. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Why would they ask you to make an addition to your house? That seems like overstepping. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought so too and thus the ...  disagreement. (Long story)

Honored Contributor

Re: BEST day ever

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I really have two: the day I got married and the day son was born.

Marriage has turned out great--we just celebrated 40 years.

Son--not so much.

He'sokk but since he married his wife, it's obvious that his parents are not important to him. I've been sick lately and even though he knows about it, he hasn't called or come by once. But I'm still glad he's my son. When he was a little guy, I would have laid down and died for him, I was so much in love. I still would (probably) but I don't think he'd appreciate it. On the other hand, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have my granddaughter who is the world to me.

@GoneButNotForgotten    Was there something that happened when he was younger that might have made him become distant?  Let me tell you about my situation with my parents....

I was distant with my parents for the last 20 plus years until they both passed away.. I never spoke to either of them.... it stemmed from a huge divorce between my parents when I was 12... and subsequent years of being tossed about and forgotten.... then into my adult hood, decided I would change my life without them... and I did and I did just fine.... except for having no relationship with them at all... which worked outokk for me....

Do I regret it? I can not say that I do... it is what I know. Having no relationship with my family including two older sisters who are still living. We just all lost touch... and there nothing is left to fix. 

I think your Son is feeling some kind of resentment or anger like I did... you may not know what it is... and you would need to ask him what it is... otherwise you might lose touch with him as I did with my parents and even until their death. Knowing how I felt... you might need to cast out the rope to him... do not wait for him to come to you.... He probably will not come to you....  Just from my PERSONAL experience....