Honored Contributor

Do people REALLY think of Blue Cross/Blue Shield as BCBS?

I had to look up the acronym and I have this coverage.   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach Yes, lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Just wait until they won't pay for mammograms anymore like they do now. Just the beginning....of course they said that was never gonna happen. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you suggesting that if a certain party (who have consistently voted against women's issues) gains the WH women will lose coverage?

Sadly, you may be right in that scenario.

I'm suggesting that since the government is in the healthcare business now that we will continue to see "guidelines" changed to reduce the benefits to the consumer in favor of lower costs to the government. What's next??  Oh, do you really need a Pap smear every year?  How often do you need your blood sugar checked?  How about that medication your doctor says you need?  Psst, what does your doctor know??  Let the government decide. They do such a jam up job with everything else. What's that?  Let's just raise some more taxes and give a ton of the money to foreign countries.  What debt??

Sarah, is that you? You forgot to mentiont the death panels.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Interestingly, I saw on the Today show this morning that the American Cancer Society has come out with new guidelines for mammograms.  Instead of starting them at age 40 they are now saying 45.  Also, they're recommending them every two years instead of every year.  The woman who was speaking about it said that most doctors are really upset about this.  They said it was just a guideline and you could still start at age 40 and still get mammograms every year.  They said they didn't know how insurance companies would treat this new guideline.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Just wait until they won't pay for mammograms anymore like they do now. Just the beginning....of course they said that was never gonna happen. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you suggesting that if a certain party (who have consistently voted against women's issues) gains the WH women will lose coverage?

Sadly, you may be right in that scenario.

I'm suggesting that since the government is in the healthcare business now that we will continue to see "guidelines" changed to reduce the benefits to the consumer in favor of lower costs to the government. What's next??  Oh, do you really need a Pap smear every year?  How often do you need your blood sugar checked?  How about that medication your doctor says you need?  Psst, what does your doctor know??  Let the government decide. They do such a jam up job with everything else. What's that?  Let's just raise some more taxes and give a ton of the money to foreign countries.  What debt??

Sarah, is that you? You forgot to mentiont the death panels.

Yeah, I used to think it was funny too. It's not so funny anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

O/T

I'm having a GREAT night.  Talking to my sisters as our baseball team is kicking butt. 

Reba, you convince yourself about the government coming to get you, otherwise, no convert here.

Have a good night. Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Along those same lines, I saw on the Today show this morning that the American Cancer Society has come out with new guidelines for mammograms.  Instead of starting them at age 40 they are now saying 45.  Also, they're recommending them every two years instead of every year.  The woman who was speaking about it said that most doctors are really upset about this.  They said it was just a guideline and you could still start at age 40 and still get mammograms every year.  They said they didn't know how insurance companies would treat this new guideline.

That's exactly why I mentioned it. It has everyone in an uproar. Hopefully there will be enough backlash that insurance companies will feel pressured not to make changes but I can assure you that iIt's exactly why all these doctors are on TV talking about it. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Respected Contributor

Ok moderator, then you might also remove the post that refers to me being paranoid that the government is out to get me, which is ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

So I guess calling someone out for implying I'm some crazy convinced the government is out to get me, while bragging about their cheap insurance supplemented by taxpayer money is unkind but all the snarky remarks directed at me are not unkind??  I'm confused.