Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom I started working at 15. You???

@Reba055 14

..and I know that insurance premiums have ALWAYS been going up, up, up...they didn't just begin raising when the ACA was enacted. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's true, MGM, however whether coincidence or not, my premiums really leveled out after ACA.  Small to no increases.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

I and We have been "hit in the wallet" for most of our lives.  Taxes, life, auto, medical insurance premiums have risen on a steady basis.  NOTHING is like it was yesterday or in the 'good ol' days" 

$218.00 is a pretty penny per week for anybody and  we get great coverage. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

I liked it better when it was taken out of pre-taxed money. That does make a difference to the average working person.

Esteemed Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

I liked it better when it was taken out of pre-taxed money. That does make a difference to the average working person.

Ours still is.

Respected Contributor

Just wait until they won't pay for mammograms anymore like they do now. Just the beginning....of course they said that was never gonna happen. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

Just wait until they won't pay for mammograms anymore like they do now. Just the beginning....of course they said that was never gonna happen. 

Why would anyone want to "wait for that?"  

I think some people want trouble..

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

Ours still is.

You are lucky. 

ETA: not sure if lucky was the right choice of word, maybe fortunate? IDK lol

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Why would anyone want to "wait for that?"  

I think some people want trouble..

😳😳😳😳😳

Respected Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you suggesting that if a certain party (who have consistently voted against women's issues) gains the WH women will lose coverage?

Sadly, you may be right in that scenario.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you suggesting that if a certain party (who have consistently voted against women's issues) gains the WH women will lose coverage?

Sadly, you may be right in that scenario.

I'm suggesting that since the government is in the healthcare business now that we will continue to see "guidelines" changed to reduce the benefits to the consumer in favor of lower costs to the government. What's next??  Oh, do you really need a Pap smear every year?  How often do you need your blood sugar checked?  How about that medication your doctor says you need?  Psst, what does your doctor know??  Let the government decide. They do such a jam up job with everything else. What's that?  Let's just raise some more taxes and give a ton of the money to foreign countries.  What debt??