Honored Contributor

Did anyone see the interview from the BBC, a professor was being interviewed by an anchorman on Covid-19 testing? Her 4 year old comes wandering in with a framed picture of a unicorn, looking for a spot for the picture! You have to give props to moms, the professor tried to carry on with the interview, trying to push her daughter away! The anchor was very nice, the girl didn't rattle him. You do have to wonder, was anyone else in the home that could have reined her in?

Respected Contributor

Re: BBC Interview

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Did anyone see the interview from the BBC, a professor was being interviewed by an anchorman on Covid-19 testing? Her 4 year old comes wandering in with a framed picture of a unicorn, looking for a spot for the picture! You have to give props to moms, the professor tried to carry on with the interview, trying to push her daughter away! The anchor was very nice, the girl didn't rattle him. You do have to wonder, was anyone else in the home that could have reined her in?

Yep, as usual fast asleep on the couch probably, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel for Mom.  I'd have ignored the child and carried on with the interview. vIf the child talked or interefered in the interview, I'd have stopped and told him/her to wait outside the room. It's what happens during shutdowns and protecting each other.  

Honored Contributor

A similar situation happened with a BBC interview before.....long before Co-Vid......back in 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4f9AYRCZY

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I saw a tease this morning for a mom on GMA I think it was who was fired from her job because her kids were too loud in the background. 

She said she was told that speaking to a client with children in the background was unprofessional. 

I second the boss.  Hope it happened several times with warnings in between and not just once to be fair before she was actually terminated.    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BBC Interview

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just watched it on Youtube - so cute.  Actually, the little girl was quietly minding her own business, trying to set up her picture, until the anchorman asked her name. And at that point she had finally moved out of camera range.  So naturally she came back to the camera and wanted to talk with him.  The anchor should have just kept his mouth shut IMO.  The mom handled her part well. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Challenging times for work from home people, especially with smaller children and open concept home designs. So many daycares are closed now and I hope managers understand. I can't imagine the stress working parents must be feeling. Easy to feel guilt.  

With my last zoom meeting, hubs started hammering something in the background. I noticed him in my screen and thouight -- oh, no he isn't. Oh, yes, he did. He's hard of hearing so I turned away from screen to look at him. At least he understands facial expressions. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau