Esteemed Contributor

We had 7 bucks tonight.  They love our yard, though they don't get many nutrients from the grass.

20200627_175035.jpg

20200627_175125.jpg

I have a picture of some of the other bucks but it says file too large, so will try to drop and post.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick  Thanks for the pictures.  I have deer that visit me too.

However, since my daughter and her dog (Luna Lee) have been staying with me my daughter is petrified of the ticks often found on deer.

She's already had Lime disease (was very, very sick from it).  In this past week she found 2 ticks on her.  One on her arm and one between her toes!

I've asked my next door neighbor to mow my lawn very short tomorrow.  That might help....hopefully.

Esteemed Contributor

20200627_180107.jpg

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Our yard is sprayed every 6-8 weeks.  We have seen ticks on the deer, but fortunately not in the yard.  Hopefully what we do prophylactically will continue to work.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick -

Oh my gosh! They have brought their friends and know who you are!

I'm sure they are waiting for something nice to eat!

Say hello to them from all of us!

My son in law's grandfather has a huge yard in the country and he has deer families too. And two friends have deer they feed every day. I would feed the deer here if I didn't have grandkids with me.

So I love looking at yours so much!

I had 2 hawks fly over our yard todaySmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Thank you those pictures bring me so much joy,  I was imagining what that buck was telling you  the one photo he looks like he is talking.  What did he tell you?  
No Photo please.

I need an Apple,

or, get off my property

he certainly looks like he has a lot to tell you   Lol

Honored Contributor

The word is getting around,where to hang out at!!!!!Smiley Happy

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  thanks for posting your beautiful pictures. I shared with my husband. We really enjoy them 🤗

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  The first deer picture that you posted appears he is happy.  I believe he appears to be smiling because you got his good side, thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

I'm amazed at how many bucks are gathering on your property. I've seen many doe and some fawns, including a couple of Bambis, in the nearly 20 years I've lived here, but I've seen bucks only twice. They were with other deer and seemed nervous. Hunting season was about to open. They were full grown and didn't have velvet on their antlers.

How wonderful to look outside and see these beautiful creatures!