Valued Contributor

Autosaved Drafts in your Profile

[ Edited ]

Has everyone but me noticed the "Autosaved Drafts" section of your profile, when clicking on your poster name?

This site now "saves" partial posts, or responses that you typed and decided not to post.

You can watch the system "autosaving" in the upper right hand corner above the text box.  It updates approximately every 60 seconds while you are typing your response.

So far, I've deleted at least four "autosaved drafts."

Anyone else?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Autosaved Drafts in your Profile

I noticed it a few days ago. I'm such a techno-weenie that when I clicked on the "X" and it said, "Confirm yes or no," I wasn't sure which to click. I finally figured out that clicking yes would delete them for good. 

This new board is making me feel stupid, and believe me, I don't need that! 

Super Contributor

I like that feature.  I very rarely start a response and decide not to post it though.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Esteemed Contributor

Good catch, sui.  I tried to delete mine in my profile, but got "failure" message (oh the irony of them sending me a failure message! lol!). 

I'm also seeing a note on this screen "you have autosaved content from 01:26 pm, load or discard" (because I typed a few words until the autosave thingie came on to test it a few minutes ago).

I hit discard and will check after I post this to see if it deleted it from my profile that way.

Thanks again.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I noticed it a few days ago. I'm such a techno-weenie that when I clicked on the "X" and it said, "Confirm yes or no," I wasn't sure which to click. I finally figured out that clicking yes would delete them for good. 

This new board is making me feel stupid, and believe me, I don't need that! 

I first noticed the autosaver yesterday when it clicked up a minute and I caught it in my peripheral vision. 

Oddly enough, I noticed the autosaved drafts in my profile [3 days ago] before I noticed the actual autosave timer. 

It's backward day for me!

Honored Contributor

I also recently noticed I had a couple.

I, too, got that error message when deleting, BUT the weird thing was - they deleted anyway.  I deleted each one and each time got the message, yet each time it deleted anyway (?).   Whatever, I guess, but it worked.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

I like that feature.  I very rarely start a response and decide not to post it though.

You must truly stand behind your convictions, NickNack! Woman Happy

I will sometimes type something incredibly sardonic when I see rampant stupidity, then think better of it and delete it before posting. 

It seems as though the typing of it gets it out of my system before I "pull the trigger" and shoot myself in the foot! 

Valued Contributor

You're welcome, MacDuff! 

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I also recently noticed I had a couple.

I, too, got that error message when deleting, BUT the weird thing was - they deleted anyway.  I deleted each one and each time got the message, yet each time it deleted anyway (?).   Whatever, I guess, but it worked.  Smiley Happy

It must be one of those pesky "bugs" they are still working out, chickenbutt.

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Yeah, that's what I figured - they are still working it out.  Smiley Happy

Every now and then I pound out a post and drop it.  I will just have to remember to just delete the words instead of just backing out.  I don't do it that often either, but would TOTALLY agree that it does the job.   I'm pretty good about meaning what I say and saying what I mean but everything now and then it's just something that, while I wouldn't mind saying it anyway, doesn't need to be said.  I guess it's being an adult and not letting everything fly out of your mouth before thinking what good it can do, eh?