Regular Contributor

Shampoos or treatments for dry scalp

Anyone ever experience dry scalp after being on Augmentin and or Amoxicillin for a period of time? Perhaps it was just a coincidence , but it has happened to me. It took months to clear up. I am currently on same meds again and hope to prevent. I am alternating shampooing with Neutrogena, Wen Tea Tree, and Nick's Volumizing. At the time I had been only using Wen condition and oils. Any tried and true remedies for dry scalp?
Regular Contributor

Re: Shampoos nor treatments for dry scalp

Just wanted to say sorry for posting here.... Meant to post in beauty. This new forum is tricky.... And I am learning😳
Respected Contributor

Re: Shampoos or treatments for dry scalp

I have several friends that are hair dressers and they all told me years ago that two times a year they tell men and woman to use a product on their scalp...not on the hair.   All they have to do is pour it on the scalp and with your fingers rub the liquid around on the scalp.  Try your best to keep it off the hair (except the hair next to the scalp; of course).....and let it sit on the scalp for 20-30 minutes then shampoo your hair.  

This will work doing it once or twice.  Some have to use it several times to help their scalp during the change of temps.   The weather makes scalps dry for everyone.  

You can buy it at the drug store or some markets carry the product.  

It is called:  Sea Breeze.  The cost is low.  It is a clear sometimes light blue liquid in a bottle.

Good luck with your dry scalp.   I am sure this will help you.

Honored Contributor

Thank you..will look for it the next time i go to the store.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

Thank you..will look for it the next time i go to the store.

cowboy,  You are welcome.  Your scalp will feel great doing this. Like putting a cool mint in your mouth....you feel the same way on your scalp.