Esteemed Contributor

Re: At what point do you cancel a get-together?

Why not just have it with those who can attend and enjoy your time together, regardless of how many there are!...You can also plan to go out to a restaurant if you would like.

Talk it over with the ones who will be coming and take it from there.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Can't you discuss school, on school time. Seems like you would want to have girl time, instead.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not clear why you would cancel if only a couple can attend.  I would think that the ones that can attend would be offended if you cancelled because the others can't make it.  If it were me, I would still host the annual party and have fun with it.  Besides, you never know if some one has a sudden change in plans and finds that they will be able to join after all.

Honored Contributor

I host every a party between TGiving & Christmas because most of our friends leave by 12/18 to go to be with family for Christmas.

other times during the year I host a card group dinner and then it's 10 ladies. 

I never cancel or re-arrange my date selected to accommodate a few. If they can't come oh well I enjoy the ones who can (I just adjust my menu for the # of guests)

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy

It started out everyone could attend on this day, then life happened - one is going out of town to visit kids, another has a family obligation.. and so on.  There really is no good day to do it.

THANK YOU all who responded. I was already leaning towards canceling.  All of your responses made perfect sense.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Would breakfast or a dinner be better for the group?  Even meet at Starbucks!

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Can't you discuss school, on school time. Seems like you would want to have girl time, instead.

It's both.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat....even if it's only two or three of you and you want to have a get together, I say go for it.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

i would not cancel the luncheon. chances are that the remaining 2 or 3 are looking forward to it....."the calm before the storm" so to speak. if you are friendly with them then i see no reason to cancel, and it will be even easier on you to prepare for 3. set the date and enjoy the company.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein