Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

Ah, the great toilet paper adventure!  Some of my bus peeps could not find TP around here and know I shop at Costco.  This past weekend I drove to a few houses, pulled up into the driveway then pitched them a bundle of TP from the boot of my car.  It was grand fun.  I was able to help, see my peeps via a distance and add fodder to a future chick-lit book of mine.  I had extra Milano cookies....individually packaged, two cookies per small package and duct taped packages of cookies on the TP.  Now isn't that a visual.  Giggles.  

You are wonderfulSmiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@patbz 

I must be an ENABLER too as this morning I mailed not 1 but 2 boxes to my family.

In the boxes were tp, hand sanitizer, paper towels and foods they can't find such as pb, mayo, ketchup, baby food, baby wipes & other things I thought they might need,  Luckily they are close enough to each other to stop by and go through and share.

Some don't realize how bad it is in NY and NJ/PA.  Then again, I wonder where our Governor of FL is ... since there have been no updates (to my knowledge) since his news conference on Saturday afternoon.

I don't care what the costs are to mail these if I have them/can find them and they need them ... that's what family is for!!!  I also donated lots of stuff to our St. Vincent DePaul this morning -- mostly food as food pantries here are closed & we could never eat all that is in my pantries.  One of the things I said I was going to stop doing "BOGOs"but now I'm glad I didn't!  

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 , just curious....do you have children and if you do, are you close to them?

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

Ah, the great toilet paper adventure!  Some of my bus peeps could not find TP around here and know I shop at Costco.  This past weekend I drove to a few houses, pulled up into the driveway then pitched them a bundle of TP from the boot of my car.  It was grand fun.  I was able to help, see my peeps via a distance and add fodder to a future chick-lit book of mine.  I had extra Milano cookies....individually packaged, two cookies per small package and duct taped packages of cookies on the TP.  Now isn't that a visual.  Giggles.  

You are wonderfulSmiley Happy  

@sunshine 919Thank you.  Just doing what my beloved parents taught me to do...help when I can do so.  I hope the world is treating you gently. 

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

@Kachina624 , just curious....do you have children and if you do, are you close to them?

@Carol Diane    My son died in 2006 at age 37.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: At My Local Post Office

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

He's an enabler.  For what it must have cost, I'd tell her to keep looking.

I disagree @Kachina624 , the country has turned extremely selfish. I would do the same thing for a child of mine.

@JaneMarple    I'd say it was the "child" who was selfish and inconsiderate.  TP seems to appear for those who search diligently for it, or who are lucky.

---- 

Honored Contributor
My sister shipped a box to me today! Items no where to be found around here including some OTC meds. I have TP but she’s sending some food, meds, Kleenex.
Honored Contributor
@Kachina624
I’m very sorry about your son.
Honored Contributor

Re: At My Local Post Office

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I want to say NO one is lazy during the times in PA/NJ/NY at this time.  In fact, my sons MIL died on Friday suddenly and I won't tell you what a "nightmare" this has been - 1) DIL to lose your Mother and 2) not be able to get straight answer about funeral arrangements Smiley Sad

Please do NOT judge others during this time- I'm sure you would do the same!!!

And Kachina624 I just saw your post - so sorry about your loss.  Therefore, I know you for sure would do it!!!  

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

Thank you @bikerbabe .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment