Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,590
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I would do this for my kids or anyone in my family.  

My sister lives about 45 minutes away from me and said she's running low on tp and hasn't found any in her local stores.  I told her if she runs out, we can meet at a halfway point, and I'll give her some.  Maybe she'll have something she can share with me. 

we should all be looking out for each other.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,360
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

@Sage04 wrote:

@SilleeMeehope you have a hand held shower, that would work better lol.

 

How about a bidet? Did i spell that correctly?


 

 

@Sage04

No bidet. But I seem to have all the time in world lately so taking a shower several times a day could become a pastime affair...LOL! 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,580
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

The store I go to is in sad shape.  That were wiped out last weekend and it wasn't much better yesterday.  They finally got smart and started to limit people to 2 cases of water, 2 packages of TP, a dozen eggs.  

 

The only TP they had left was there store brand and not much of it.  The cleaning supplies are almost totally wiped out.  I'm not talking wipes and Lysol, I'm talking everything.  There is almost no dishwasher detergent, no laundry soap and no dish soap.  The cashier told me the trucks are coming half full because of all the stores that need to be stocked up.

 

I refuse to go into our local Walmart.  Last weekend they had to have security there because it was so bad.  People were fighting over items and if you turned your back on your cart to grab something off a shelf, other shoppers were coming by and taking stuff out of your cart.  I have been told by a police officer I know that everytime a delivery truck comes there, the police are called because people are trying to steal stuff right off the truck.

 

Some people are acting like real idiots.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,728
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you are out of TP, WHAT ARE YOU USING INSTEAD? I am curious.


@SilleeMee I read that people are using facial tissues. I am able to find them on Amazon Whole Foods but I haven't been able to find toilet paper in two weeks. We have a few rolls but I never got the chance to stock up...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,580
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I also wanted to add that doing any kind of delivery like curbside pick-up or Instacart are a waste of time because the stores are so depleted, what people are trying to buy cannot be found so you aren't getting much of an order. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,003
Registered: ‎07-21-2015

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I also wanted to add that doing any kind of delivery like curbside pick-up or Instacart are a waste of time because the stores are so depleted, what people are trying to buy cannot be found so you aren't getting much of an order. 


@Lipstickdiva  It might be the area.  I just had an Instacart delivery of groceries late yesterday afternoon and received everything I ordered which was mainly fresh veggies and fruits.  I was shocked because I have heard the stories of grocery stores being depleted.  Of course, this is just one experience.  Good luck if you have to order.

Super Contributor
Posts: 495
Registered: ‎09-05-2013

I thought enabling had to do with drug abusers, and grossly disfunctional behavior, etc, not a person experiencing a shortage of toilet paper!  This world needs more kindness, and not quite so much judgmentalism.  Especially when it is someone else's act of kindness.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,152
Registered: ‎02-05-2018

@Kachina624 wrote:

He's an enabler.  For what it must have cost, I'd tell her to keep looking.


It was toilet paper, not opium. For heaven's sake. I would do just about ANYTHING to get toilet paper to my family so my sister wouldn't have to leave the house and bring the virus home to them. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,874
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

I subscribe to the theory "Be good to your children, they'll be choosing your nursing home some day..."  Woman Wink

Denise
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,807
Registered: ‎12-22-2013

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

He's an enabler.  For what it must have cost, I'd tell her to keep looking.


I disagree @Kachina624 , the country has turned extremely selfish. I would do the same thing for a child of mine.

 

Me too and I will help neighbors If I have what they need.