Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  No. I'm good with being called by my given name.

Honored Contributor

No, I do not.  I have a name and that is what I want people to address me by.  Fortunately all girlfriends and family members do so as I do to them, mutual respect.

Trusted Contributor

My dad always called me "Babe."  Itvwas a special name he saved only for me.  From anyone else, that term or "hon" would not work.  I had a title when I worked, so that title, my first name, or my preferred nickname, which only those close to me knew, were all that I expected or accepted.

Valued Contributor

Absolutely not! The only woman that called me babe was my Mother and while being Ok, made me slightly uncomfortable for reasons I won't mention.

Esteemed Contributor

I would not mind, there are worse things someone can call you.

Trusted Contributor

No it would not bother me.. unless it was said to me in a condescending way.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

Since that has never happened I really cannot answer the question, which by the way is a good question.   If and when another woman refers to me as  "Babe" or "Hon" is when I'll know how it effects me, or if it does.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I do not like either - no matter who refers to me as that!!  

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not!  I don't care to be called by either name by a woman or a man.  Unless, of course, it's my DH!   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I find that there are more important things I can worry about than someone calling me a pet name.

"Pure Michigan"