Respected Contributor

They appeared to be about 2 weeks old.  I was very careful not to get too close.  Put food out for the mother.  Next day the food was mostly gone and kittens still there.  So, it took some doing but I lined up an experienced cat person who was willing to take them in as long as I could catch the mother.  The person was going to keep all three of them in a small area and take care of their needs until the kittens were old enough to be on their own.  Then mother would be spayed and kittens adopted out.

Yesterday the kittens were gone.  Mother moved them and hasn't been back as evidenced by food not being eaten.  Ugh!  So frustrated!

Respected Contributor

Re: Found 2 kittens in my barn!

Thank you for trying so hard to help them.  While not unheard of, a mama cat will often deliver more than 2 kittens. I wonder if she did.

Honored Contributor

@Kalli, You tried. I tried to get a stray cat once who seemed like she may have been an owned cat.

It took several days and tried but I finally got her in a cage that I bought. I didn't want to put her in my cat's cage.

Anyway, a rescue group took her and actually found the owner several miles down the road. The cat had wandered off before so I think they re-homed her.

It took a lot of patience for her to get close enough to the cage with tuna fish for me to get her.

So my point and I had one!😀 was maybe try again in a day or so. I think the mother cat must be smart

and didn't want her kittens coming too close or something perhaps.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Momma cats do that. Hoping she is still close by and you can trap her and get the babies to a shelter. Maybe a local organization can help with a trap