Honored Contributor

Behold the latest scam our local police department just put out as a warning. 

Someone may be trying to assasinate you.  Obviously the police hope you'll call 911 before paying your assassin off but it's up to you.

A few days ago we were all being put in jail now we're all going to be bumped off.  Behold your funny for the day.  

Scam.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you on the hit list?

The scams just never end!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Good grief!  It just never ends, does it?  Smiley Sad

I really really wish they could get a handle on all these fake calls and put a stop to it.   I'm probably pretty ignorant on it, but it seems to me that it wouldn't be that difficult to accomplish.

Fortunately, I can keep my cell phone on 'do not disturb' with rules that only people in my contact list can get through, whether for calls or messages.   I find that option extremely valuable.

On the landline, however, the best we can do is nomorobo and/or our carrier having some options to stop some of it.  The aggravating thing is that it seems like nothing can stop all of it.

This thing with putting fake numbers/names on the caller ID is just beyond and there definitely should be a way to stop that.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It does seem like "spoofing" should be against the law.  But I don't think it is.

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 Stupid, stupid, stupid.  I sincerely hope no one has fallen for this and it is only a warning to people.

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh  According to the police, it's just a warning.  Apparently no one has an angry ex and paid them off yet.

@Preds  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@Preds  Gurl, get outta my head.  I would text back, I'm waiting.........

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I received one of these in an email a year ago.  Even though I knew it was a scam....when it said that they were following me....watching me.... it creeped me out! For days I felt scared out walking my dogs....