Respected Contributor

Funniest story of the day - Deli worker eats $9,200 of lunchmeat over 8 years

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/ohio-lunchmeat-long-con-ham-9200-dollars-so-much-ham

Now, I love ham and salami, but...

No one noticed for 8 years??

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: Funniest story of the day - Deli worker eats $9,200 of lunchmeat over 8 years

[ Edited ]

@denisemb

I think I found the employee that's guilty of stealing slices of deli ham and salami...............

download.jpg

He was hired to be the resident Rodent Control Expert...but he liked deli meat better

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Re: Funniest story of the day - Deli worker eats $9,200 of lunchmeat over 8 years

This happened in Bolivar Ohio, a town about 10 miles from where I live. This whole thing is so ridiculous IMO. First of all, $9,200 worth of lunch meat in 8 years? They claim they got a tip about this, but instead of warning the employees not to eat the merchandise, they call the police and come up with some crazy $ they have lost and want felony charges pressed. No more shopping at Giant Eagle for me.

Honored Contributor

Yes, as the writer points out, something doesn't add up with the $9,200 estimate.  No charges have been filed but, if they were, I'm sure her attorney would be all over it!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Woman LOL

All jokes aside, unless the cat has some kind of illness, the owner should be slapped upside his or her head for letting this cat get so large.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, as the writer points out, something doesn't add up with the $9,200 estimate.  No charges have been filed but, if they were, I'm sure her attorney would be all over it!

I sure hope so! They probably pressured her into admitting it. She should have kept her mouth shut. There would be no way for them to prove it. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Spurt  Woman LOL

All jokes aside, unless the cat has some kind of illness, the owner should be slapped upside his or her head for letting this cat get so large.

@Bird mama

That is true ..... 

Growing up we had a dog that was gaining weight and my mom was carefully monitoring her food, and no one was feeding her table scraps.....My mom took her to the vet, he ran tests, it was her thyroid....and we gave her one tablet daily and she was back to a normal weight.,,,,

There was an episode on the TV show MY CAT FROM HELL on Animal Planet.....and it was a fat cat, not as fat as the photo I posted but she was chubby because she didnt get any exercise...no one played with her.  Once the family got involved she got exercise and lost weight......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt,

That poor kitty.Woman Sad Makes me wonder what the owners look like.

Honored Contributor

Agree! the owner of this kitty should be ashamed for allowing her kitty cat to get this big
Honored Contributor

the radio station i listen to every day was talking about this last week. 

they were wowing this story. to get away with this for all this time.

just exactly how do they know how much she really ate. you have no film of her stuffing her face. how can they assess that cost except by someone elses word. if i remember correctly the gal who turned her in has no film of her either . for me it is a she said-she said type of case.