Honored Contributor

Re: Are You a Patient Person?

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo Another thoughtful answer from you.  I'll keep asking "what would dooBdoo, do? Merry Christmas and Happy and safe Holiday wishes to you and yours.

My other thought is on this, if we find ourselves in a slow moving line, we can be thankful we aren't that poor hurried person behind the counter trying to keep all these people happy.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@dooBdoo Another thoughtful answer from you.  I'll keep asking "what would dooBdoo, do? Merry Christmas and Happy and safe Holiday wishes to you and yours.

My other thought is on this, if we find ourselves in a slow moving line, we can be thankful we aren't that poor hurried person behind the counter trying to keep all these people happy.  

Thank you, @qualitygal!   Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and good wishes to you and yours, too.❤️

I love your thought about being thankful...  discovering gratitude in any situation is a gift in itself and a fine antidote to impatience.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1 

You always know how to make a person feel better.  Thank you for your advice and nice message.

I had an incident about 3 months ago where I let loose on someone who is a very challenging and difficult person. That person hurt me deeply. I'm not so ashamed as to what I said .......but in how I said it.  I raised my voice and gritted my teeth and lowered myself (imo) to their level emotionally.  So, I guess what I am trying to say is I am sad that I am still capable of doing that.  Darn it, you would think at almost 70 I would be over all that!  I tend to think, like you said, when you have a lot of stress it is harder to control  your emotions. I did apologize for my "tone" but I also gave that person an ultimatum.  No one enjoys doing that.  It's, for me, always a last resort.  I think you are right.  Given the right circumstances most of us are capable of "popping our corks" sometimes!  Hopefully, I've learned a lesson and will do better if an occasion like this ever arises again.  It just goes to show you.....we never quite arrive....do we?!  I appreciate your vote of confidence.  A true friend you are.  This reminds me of something my mother used to say, "Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet"!