Honored Contributor

Re: Are You a Patient Person?

I hope I am.  I try to be.  Just when I think I am, however, someone tries my patience!  Deep sigh.   

Honored Contributor

When I was young I was fairly patient, but since I have achieved senior citizen status, I have no patience at all. I will burn it all down and walk away these days. My husband and I left a whole cart full of groceries and stuff at Walmart the other week because the check out lines were too long. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.LOL

Respected Contributor

NO!

Honored Contributor

Yes. I don’t mind waiting in lines, for service, etc.
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@violann wrote:

W-e-l-l...........DH is a S--L--O--W driver, who is never EVER uncomfortable being  LATE  for ANYTHING. He puts the brakes on miles before traffic lights, then c-r-u-i-s-e-s up to the GREEN light waiting for it to change to amber so he can S-L-O-W down to a STOP and admire the scenery.

On the other hand (let's face it, there's ALWAYS "another hand!") I ALWAYS need to be early/on time, especially if I'm performing, to prepare to play or sing, or pray before Mass or present my insurance card or....or........or.................OR...

I'm infinitely patient with small children, dementia patients, weather related delays, lines in banks, post offices, not so much with stuffy old people who think that JUST because they're OLD they have to be RIGHT/have to be treated with deference.

Fairly average on the tolerance/patience scale I guess....

@violann you made me laff out loud - thank you for starting out my day bighter  -

the way you described it was magic

@violann -

You made me laugh tooWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Dear Jubiliant,

I have known you, now, for over seven ++ years, and I can truthfully trust you as one of the most patient, sweetest and helpful ladies here.

Heart You have been through so much with many family illnesses, your own health, deaths and upsetting family situations, along with medical facilities, your patience has 'always' come through beautifully.   No one could do as well. 

You can become ~worn~ to an extreme by always trying to settle situation, THAT IS PATIENT. 

Take that sigh from your thoughts, throw it so far that you never have to bring it to any grouping of feelings of self. I treasure your stamina. 

Also, Silver Lining is a role model for loving patience. She is constantly reaching others with much wisdom and full filling an Uplift when so many others are feeling badly.

Thee's another new lady, here, called Brisko.

She is going to be a thought provoking, helpful and caring poster.

She has the purest character of a gentle soul. 

@jubilant  ~ @SilverLining  ~ @Brisky 

NAES

Each one of you have a great deal of being patient. Smiley Happy

@jubilant wrote:

I hope I am.  I try to be.  Just when I think I am, however, someone tries my patience!  Deep sigh.   

Honored Contributor

NO, I absolutely am not a patient person.

Honored Contributor

I choose my battles very carefully.

It's all about perception.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reading through the thread...  seems to me that part of the answer is based on our definition of patience.   I think most of us try to use discernment and extend that gift of patience to those who are doing their best or are well-intentioned.    It's also a gift we give to ourselves when we practice it.   I know I'm not patient when I sense hypocrisy, deliberate unkindness, cruelty -- I try to understand those things might come from someone's own personal pain ("hurt people hurt people") but still I have trouble being patient when encountering them.   I'm still a work in progress.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@violann wrote:

W-e-l-l...........DH is a S--L--O--W driver, who is never EVER uncomfortable being  LATE  for ANYTHING. He puts the brakes on miles before traffic lights, then c-r-u-i-s-e-s up to the GREEN light waiting for it to change to amber so he can S-L-O-W down to a STOP and admire the scenery.

On the other hand (let's face it, there's ALWAYS "another hand!") I ALWAYS need to be early/on time, especially if I'm performing, to prepare to play or sing, or pray before Mass or present my insurance card or....or........or.................OR...

I'm infinitely patient with small children, dementia patients, weather related delays, lines in banks, post offices, not so much with stuffy old people who think that JUST because they're OLD they have to be RIGHT/have to be treated with deference.

Fairly average on the tolerance/patience scale I guess....

@violann you made me laff out loud - thank you for starting out my day bighter  -

the way you described it was magic

@violann -

You made me laugh tooWoman LOL

@on the bay@violann@Yahooey 

😄

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova