Trusted Contributor

Re: Are You A Keeper Of Secrets?

I am, if no one is harmed by the keeping of the secret.

Honored Contributor

Since if not for being told, you wouldn't  know so telling is not your choice to make no matter the consequences. 

Honored Contributor

I will honor a request not to tell any others but as others have pointed out when it comes to someones risking their health or something, Ill have to rethink that.

There is a difference between gossip and protecting someone from themselves or heaven forbid, committing a crime.

For those who I know can't keep a secret, I have learned not to tell the things I want to be kept "secret".

I don't think we tell secrets to those we aren't close to for the most part. Why would we, and why put that burden on someone we aren't close to?

Sometimes its good to remind myself that I don't want to say anything about another person that I wouldn't say to themselves. That avoids any hurt.

I don't like hearing bad feelings that one person has with another though we all need that someone we can vent to or be able to tell our feelings and what we are going through with relationship problems.

Sometimes we are lucky enough to have someone who can truly give us more wisdom about a situation to help us change it into something better.

So many different scenarios and relationships with this question. I don't think there is always a black or white answer.

I think you learn who you can absolutely trust after awhile.(hopefully). 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Yes.  I consider any conversation of an intimate nature as confidential.