Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A Keeper Of Secrets?

@rms1954 

I'm sorry you have been betrayed and haven't anyone who is trustworthy. We all need someone to rely  upon, someone we can trust.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can keep a secret but there have been times when I wish I hadn't been told,  For example a secret that could place the teller into danger and maybe others that will be directly affected by it,   If you had not kept the secret maybe the result would have been different and then there's the question of possibly being complicit by keeping the secret.  So unless the secret is innocent I really don't want to know. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is just wrong on so many levels @rms1954. I have secrets of my own but I’ve told no one. 

When someone confides in me, I do keep their secret.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

As long as it doesn't make me an Accessory to a Major Felony. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yes.  I had a boss for many years and one day he said to me "you are the world's greatest secret keeper."   And that was true .  I will never tell someone's secret to anyone else.

But, you'd better tell me up front that it's a secret.  If you don't I might tell depending on what it is.  Just say 'this is a secret, you can't tell anyone."  Done.  

Valued Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Just my own.  Everyone I ever confided in, including my own family members and husband, has let me down and used what I told them to benefit themselves or used it against me.

I'm sorry that is your experience. I can honestly say I learned many years ago that my husband is not one to keep our private issues between us. Several times I have been caught off guard by family members or even neighbors asking me a question about something that was to be private. Sadly, I no longer discuss my very private thoughts with my husband or any private thoughts that are shared with me by others.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I can keep a secret.  If it's not my story to tell, I don't tell it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, how else will someone ever trust you?

Esteemed Contributor

I am a keeper of secrets,  For some reason, people confide in me.  Their secrets are not my story to tell, with a few exceptions.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Yes I am a very good keeper of secrets and never tell anybody, even if the person says I can.  

Same here.