Honored Contributor

Are You A Keeper Of Secrets?

I have always liked secrets, even unimportant uninteresting ones.

A friend and I may have an experience, the sort most would want to tell everyone. I don't want to tell anyone so it will always belong to just this friend and me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are You A Keeper Of Secrets?

Yes.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

Yes I am a very good keeper of secrets and never tell anybody, even if the person says I can.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I am. 😋😋😋

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

Some things are not meant to be shared for a variety of reasons.

Some secrets are not good to keep and after someone has died and the secret comes out, the living wish dearly they had known for good reasons.

Usually, family secrets are best not kept if everyone can handle the truth.  IMO

Honored Contributor

Somehow, whatever it is loses value once it's told. 

Respected Contributor

I've always kept secrets.  Throughout the years I've had friends and co-workers tell me their secrets and I wouldn't have dreamed of ever repeating them to anyone   Once I had a very good friend tell me about her extra-marital affair and even though I didn't condone what she was doing I would have never repeated her confidence to anyone.

I've always wanted to be the person that someone could confide in without worrying about me being disloyal to them.  I also expect the same loyalty from others if I'm willing to share a something with them.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be 

Those meant to know, would know. The person to whom the secret belongs would have told them. Being related doesn't entitled them to know every family secret.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl @

In my family that comes under Personal Honor. We're big on personal honor.

Esteemed Contributor

Generally a secret is a secret until I'm released from it.  However, I can readily think of circumstances where it would be wrong to keep the secret but those would be extreme situations.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.