Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone sick this Thanksgiving?

I  just have a head cold nonething  major, but I'm so sorry for the rest of you.      Gidgetgh I will say a prayer for you today. I how exhausting  it is to deal with all that come with a parent passing that in it self is emotionally and physically. I am only 61 but I'm still feeling the side effects and it been 2 years. It's sad at my age some days I have to make myself  get going. Anyway we all have many blessings to get thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Earlier this week I too hadn't been feeling well and am pretty sure it was something I ate though symptoms mimicked the flu.  I'm ok now but am a bit confused about it as it wasn't classic food poisoning and it wasn't classic flu either because I recovered so quickly.  I don't know what to make of it and I sure hope it doesn't come back.  

Honored Contributor

I have a bad cold and another issue that shall remain nameless. No fun. I feel like I want to sleep for a week.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Big Hugs to all and I hope you feel better soon!Heart

Honored Contributor

@truffle I had the same problem.I thought it was something I ate at Costco but I got better too fast...well not well but none of the yucky stuff happening.My friend had the same thing a couple if days later and she thought it was from eating fatty food...not sure what it is either.

Honored Contributor

I had the same thing this week.   It was sort of like a 2-day flu, except there is very little flu going around PHX right now.  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

I fractured my ankle and have a cast on. I'm suppose to stay off of it as much as possible. For the last five weeks I've been resting and keeping it elevated. For the first time in 21 years I will not be cooking. My small family and me are going out to dinner. I feel kind of sad today(don't know why) but I'm glad we'll be together for a little while today. I can't keep my leg down to long or it hurts and starts to swell up.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

@Starpolisher

My DD had ankle surgery to repair 2 torn tendons on Tuesday, so she feels your pain!

She has to wait 2 weeks for stitches to be removed and get a cast, before she can put any weight on it.

She stayed here since Tuesday, so I could help her get around in a wheelchair, since she has so many fur babies at her home that could trip her up (7 cats, a lab and a pit bull, all indoors!)

Without much sleep for those few days, I cooked the bare minimum, a turkey breast, sweet potatoes, rolls and stuffing.

DH made his usual pumpkin pies. Sometimes ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do, LOL!

Hope your ankle is better soon!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Me Smiley Surprised

I felt a virus hit out of the blue the night before and spent a lot of Turkey Day sleeping, DH and our girl put dinner together.  Luckily a lot was already done and set to go.

I hope everyone gets well soon!

Respected Contributor

I hope everyone is feeling better and had a nice Thanksgiving!

@KingstonsMom I wish your daughter and @lilliesmom a speedy recovery. I can't wait to get this cast off! I'm all "relaxed out!"😀

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran