Honored Contributor

Anyone sick this Thanksgiving?

I am!  I've had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Epstein Barr Virus) for years and years and for the most part, with medication, do pretty well with it.  However,  I'm in the middle of a severe flare up.  I am functional, but not in good shape at all.  For the last two weeks I've just been trying to rest, rest and yet more rest trying to get it to let up, but not having such great results from that yet.  It just takes awhile for it to abate.  I think all the stress from my father's illness and passing and settling my parents estate, which I just finished, caught up with me.

My husband's family will be here at 11:30.  We're doing an early get together because my stepson and his family will be going to his wife's family later in the day.

Not looking for sympathy- just hoping to have the strength to get through the day.  Hopefully after I take my shower in a minute I'll feel a little better.  I REALLY want us to have a nice time today and I want to be able to be with my sister tomorrow for our usual Black Friday shopping/lunch day, which we've been doing since the late 70's.  It would make me sad to miss it.

Anyone else not at their best today?

Sending warmest wishes to all my peeps here for a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone sick this Thanksgiving?

I fractured my ankle and have a cast on. I'm suppose to stay off of it as much as possible. For the last five weeks I've been resting and keeping it elevated. For the first time in 21 years I will not be cooking. My small family and me are going out to dinner. I feel kind of sad today(don't know why) but I'm glad we'll be together for a little while today. I can't keep my leg down to long or it hurts and starts to swell up.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

I do so hope you find the strength to get joy from this day.

It is hard, when not feeling well, to not only participate, but it is difficult to really feel the joy.

Don't over extend yourself. Let others help. They will understand. It is kind of like you can only give so much of your energy and strength to each thing, in order to have some for the next.

Prayers going up for you to feel better and quickly.

I don't suffer from much more than arthritis ( and needing knee replacements and a surgery on my foot), but some days it takes all I have to get done what needs to be, let alone what I'd like to do. I simply capitalize on the good days, and take the bad as best I can.

Happpy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

I got ahold of a bad chicken sandwich on mon and by early Wed morning I knew it. Bent over the 'throne' LOL   Wish people who cook would watch expiration dates, wash their hands and not come to work sick.

Thank God we had our holiday last Sun. at the church. My upper rib cage feels like somebody stomped on me. LOL

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness no.  Sorry to hear about those who do not feel well.  Wishing you all wellness in the days ahead.

Respected Contributor

Had a chest cold for a week and seem to shake it.

Super Contributor

I have a terrible cold, & 16 people today! Really it's the weekend I am working about. Work in retail and have a 6 day stretch coming up!
Honored Contributor

Didn't feel great yesterday. Today I have a fever and other stuff which I won't gross out the forum with.....I'm staying in bed the whole day and probably through the weekend. 

Joy.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, @gidgetgh.   Just do the best you can.  Your family will understand.   Try to rest so you can enjoy the day with your sister tomorrow shopping 

😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher, I am in the same boat.  Broken foot, in my cast for week three of five.  Having swelling issues also.  I am normally very active so this is driving me up the wall.  Get well soon to both of us and all of us!!!

Don't mean to go OT @gidgetgh.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  LM