Trusted Contributor

Anyone keeping a journal/diary during lockdown?

I thought about it at the beginning, as I love to write short stories and thought it would be interesting to document my feelings. As time progressed, the whole thing just got too depressing, and I gave up. It will be interesting to see what kind of fiction books are written with a coved theme. Though we all lived through it, we will all have different reactions and emotions (though some will obviously be the same). Wonder about Hallmark movies or soaps using this theme (soaps are more escapism, so I'm doubting those writers will jump on it). Maybe a coved-themed reality show? Not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone keeping a journal/diary during lockdown?

I have written some. 

Interestingly, our local library had posted on fb when we first shut down in my area, that they would like people to consider keeping a journal, and when this is over, give it to the library, so years later, people could read about what it was like to live through this time. 

That kind of depressed me a bit. Not sure I'd want to share all the feelings I have had through this with anyone. 

Honored Contributor

No because I never know what day it is, and let's face not much going on, same old same old!

Esteemed Contributor

After this is over......I don't want to hear a "C" word ever again.  (wishful thinking I know).

But people, being people, wanting to make $$ on every event.............will

Honored Contributor

@happycat -

That is a really interesting concept.

For me, I don't want to do anything I don't have to do now!

And hope to goodness we are still alive to tell about it in person!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Yes.  Bored........Bored........Bored...........Bored.........BOREDDDDDDDDD!

10 Health Issues That Can Make You So ****** Tired All the Time | SELF

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

After this is over......I don't want to hear a "C" word ever again.  (wishful thinking I know).

But people, being people, wanting to make $$ on every event.............will

I agree.

Honored Contributor

Yes. It is rather mundane, and notes things like you see on the news, prices, shortages, etc in my area, and daily things we are doing (or not). I journal the day's events as routine anyway, but adding in more about the current status of the crisis. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dad rarely talked about WW2 - and now I understand why. When the virus clears, I doubt I'll be interested in movies, documentaries or TV series about the subject - at least for a while. BTW - in no way am I comparing this virus to WW2 era.

I trust many will write their experiences; I hope they do. I do believe the perfect storm of covid19 and intense political year will be one for the textbooks.

No, I haven't kept journals, but adult children and I have had deep discussions. My two oldest grandsons and I will talk about this in the future and I'll be interested in their insights. They're 11 & 14 and quite curious about the world. Both have asked me about the 60s. I was their ages during that decade.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake -

That's a nice way to do it, talking to your grandsons and children now.

I'm always amazed that people would be able to visit the holocost museum or documentarys about 9/11.

For those in the past and those we have lived through, I just can't look at any of it again.

Now, for the 60's, that is another matter. I guess many good memories

although there were tragedies too with all the assinations.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"